Novarossi Keep .21 outboard?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not the idea. Why aren't they selling a complete outboard ready to hang on the transom? Maybe Glenn can sell an aftermarket one that'll work with it. I'm sure that Fred Howe or someone else would work with him on this.

Ron I would assume they dont sell the complete unit because of the tooling and design time involved with a new lower unit.... Im not so sure there would be enough sales to overcome the financial burden they would have to put into that project. Especially when there is already a **** good one on the market, available to all...

Just my .02

key word rodney -one (only one!!) available. NEW choices for sport (impba) or stock (namba) ob's would be good & might help prod others in the same direction............

key word rodney -one (only one!!) available. NEW choices for sport (impba) or stock (namba) ob's would be good & might help prod others in the same direction............
That still doesnt mean it would produce the number of sales for them to be profitable on it..... Your missing my point above...

Ron I would assume they dont sell the complete unit because of the tooling and design time involved with a new lower unit.... Im not so sure there would be enough sales to overcome the financial burden they would have to put into that project. Especially when there is already a **** good one on the market, available to all...

Just my .02
My thoughts too.

We need the chinese to market an exact copy of the O.S. lower. :D They are the ones that can handle the tooling costs..... I'd still buy the O.S. lower though.... ;)

I went to facebook to check out Nova Rossi and it said its reached its maximum number of friends......NOVA NOVA NOVA

Any pricing yet Aaron/Glenn ? availability ?
What Murph said +1.

given that the inboard "Keep" is hardly what you'd call an economy model, I'd dare say this one won't be at the bottom end of the price scale. :p I wonder why they used the super long stroke engine and not the more common 16.8mm long stroke like the RX21, 5M, 7M, 35PLUS, Flash versions?

What Murph said +1.

given that the inboard "Keep" is hardly what you'd call an economy model, I'd dare say this one won't be at the bottom end of the price scale. :p I wonder why they used the super long stroke engine and not the more common 16.8mm long stroke like the RX21, 5M, 7M, 35PLUS, Flash versions?
If I had to guess, It would be so that they couldnt be copied near as easily....

What Murph said +1.

This is jusy my opinion but i think they are moving all of there eninges that way from now on

so any new designs are going to be the longer stroke

Greg
I hope thats not the case! I just bought the wrong engines if it is!! LOL

I havn't herd of to many people talking about running the Keep On IB. Maybe they are converting these to outboards to move them?

Tim i cant see them killing off the 35+ anytime soon i think its still the most popular engine with the car guys along with the Flash

Like it or not we follow what the car guys are doing because thats were the money is

I think that the investment NovaRossi has made into the Marine market recently is a great sign

and i hope that they start working on some more bigger motors but for now i am very happy

with what they are doing for us Boaters.

As far as a Complete outboard that would be cool but im not bothered either way

the OS lower is the best thing since sliced bread

Greg
I Agree with everything there Greg.

I havn't herd of to many people talking about running the Keep On IB. Maybe they are converting these to outboards to move them?
I thought that initially too but then it wouldn't be economical to have to create a unique crank and pto just to move a slow selling engine. Either way, it's great to see a new factory outboard powerhead!

Guys

I have and run just about every novarossi motor out there.....I have keep 21 inboard..

I will have

My keep o/b at winter spec race!!!

After U see it run then you can make your minds up...

Regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Back