Novarossi Keep .21 outboard?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, Glenn whats up?  Your usually right on top of this stuff! Keeping us waiting I see ;)   They must have just added it last night/this morning.  I was on the site yesterday and it wasnt there.  Great job on that one.  Im sure it will be popular.  Looks like some other engine manufacturers shouldnt have waited so long or put it off.  Good job Novarossi on getting what the boaters wanted.

And Butch, wont happen.  Ive got 2 OS sport engines now.  I dont need a mod tunnel head ache.

Last edited by a moderator:
That baby would look sweet on the back of my Vision vrm vrm im smelling nitro

SayMikey,

I did have the same idea about putting one one the back of my Mod Vision as well. Great minds think alike. They look sweet!!!!!

Beau

How much?
Mike, I have no idea yet.

GQ

Awesome!! And it's the extra long stroke motor with the 17.6 mm stroke. Unfortunately that won't help guys out with cranks for their shorter stroke motors but regardless, this is awesome. Glenn, do you have any idea or insight on the design of this motor? Do you know if it's more similar to the FLASH, the 35+ or is it just completely different?

-Jr.

How much?
Mike, I have no idea yet.

GQ

Awesome!! And it's the extra long stroke motor with the 17.6 mm stroke. Unfortunately that won't help guys out with cranks for their shorter stroke motors but regardless, this is awesome. Glenn, do you have any idea or insight on the design of this motor? Do you know if it's more similar to the FLASH, the 35+ or is it just completely different?

-Jr.
Jr, the IB Keep On I have is more like a super long stroke version of the Flash. I didn't have time to test mine, so I sent it to Martin to test for me. Kinda like the Flash, it is down on torque, but good on RPM. The Marine version of the Keep On did not have the special bearing set up that they talk about on the web site...it was just like the normal 14.5mm Plus case. With it being the super long stroke motor, the Tero Nero and Bonito P/S should fit the case and give better torque (My guess anyway).

This could turn out to be a very interesting project for the OB world...

GQ

For which leg is this engine designed ? Sorry i was to quick it looks like it was designed for the O.S leg.

For which leg is this engine designed ? Sorry i was to quick it looks like it was designed for the O.S leg.
Good point. Glenn are there going to be K&B bolt pattern PTOs available as well as the O.S. style, or how is that going to work?

I want one...... ;) K&B or OS doesn't matter. Maybe a .46 will soon follow..... ;)

The Keep 21 is an all rpm motor!!!!

It has a lack of torque....

I have tried the Bonito sleeve in the Keep motor...

Still the best all round motor is 35plus21

Regards Aaron

Remember though that less torque with high rpm will work well with a tunnel hull, handling wise for the existing sized boats. I'm betting the Keep would still have more torque than a certain other brand of outboard powerhead. ;)

The Keep 21 is an all rpm motor!!!!

It has a lack of torque....

I have tried the Bonito sleeve in the Keep motor...

Still the best all round motor is 35plus21

Regards Aaron
Hey Aaron,

Only problem, no comercially available crank and PTO for the 35 plus, only afternarket.....

Interesting pipe setup yes....looks well novarossi nothing else to say really, I like the option to run watercooled or aircooled very nice touch.

One day when the OS needs an upgrade this is a nice option....mod nova TS3 could be an addition to the family ;)

Back