NovaRossi .45 outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozbryan

Where are they all?

I thought this thread would be full of guys talking about them...

Has anyone run one??

Waiting for someone to make a flywheel for the NR DD crank. Thats all I need. Then I will run mine..... ;) I think the Lights PTO will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one I'm running is great, by far the fastest tunnel boat we have right now. The only thing thats been done is aftermarket parts were put in, but the crank was still an exact duplicate of the Novarossi crank, just reversed.

The only issue we've really had is carb probs, but we eventually just put a CMB .21 carb on it, and it's still very strong.

After finding prop (Thanks Sholund) there was nothing that could touch it, for about 5 laps when we lost prop. Now we just have to find set- up on the boat and get another prop back and she' ll be good to go.

- Brandon

The one I'm running is great, by far the fastest tunnel boat we have right now. The only thing thats been done is aftermarket parts were put in, but the crank was still an exact duplicate of the Novarossi crank, just reversed.

The only issue we've really had is carb probs, but we eventually just put a CMB .21 carb on it, and it's still very strong.

After finding prop (Thanks Sholund) there was nothing that could touch it, for about 5 laps when we lost prop. Now we just have to find set- up on the boat and get another prop back and she' ll be good to go.

- Brandon
Brandon,

Im not sure im going to run the lights crank after what happened to Bob. I know Stan worked on yours like i did mine. My hope is we removed enough during the mod process to better balance the crank.

Hi Bryan,

I just got my vision today which I will bolt my 46 to on a lawless lower. My crank was done by Stan also. Aaron still has my engine which should not be too far away. I have a few pipes to try until Ian finishes off the new one. You keen on getting one mate? Hopefully I can keep the hull on the water with the new engine, but am sorting a back up hull that apparently has less tendency to blow over- wood over foam 35 inch.

Ron,

Could you stick a k&b flywheel on the lathe and machine to suit? I think this is what Brandon has done but I have not seen it. The lights ones may be a little small from what I've heard. A socket nut to secure if using the nova crank which I would also like to try.

Dion,

Hopefully Mitch will be testing another propeller for his 46 next week.

We have found a few that work quite well and a few more will be tested

soon.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi Mark,

Sounds great, hopefully you get good weather to test them all. I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Cheers,

Dion.

What hull are you running Brandon?
We 're running a Proglass hull built by Martin Tidwell right now. We also ran the engine on a Hornet and that engine was a missile on both hulls.

Ron,

Could you stick a k&b flywheel on the lathe and machine to suit? I think this is what Brandon has done but I have not seen it. The lights ones may be a little small from what I've heard. A socket nut to secure if using the nova crank which I would also like to try.
Yeah that's what we're using now is an old small K&B 7.5 flywheel that's been machined down to fit. You can probably mod the bigger one to, if you needed it.

And Dion, is the SPP .46 pipe in developing stage now?

Dion,

Hopefully Mitch will be testing another propeller for his 46 next week.

We have found a few that work quite well and a few more will be tested

soon.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Looking forward to it Mark. :D

- Brandon

Dion you may want to reconsider using the lawless drive on the vision. That hull likes the prop closer to the transom. I switched to the KB.

Thanks Mike! As I have both I can switch between them. Length may be benificial with the power of the nova.

Cheers,

Dion.

Brandon,

Im not sure im going to run the lights crank after what happened to Bob. I know Stan worked on yours like i did mine. My hope is we removed enough during the mod process to better balance the crank.
Ron your the biggest frickin belly acker I have ever heard. You are still the only one out there to openly complaining and bitching about my .46 OB cranks. You carved and ground on that crank of Bob's and may have contributed to what ever happened to that crankcase. If you do not have anything to say good about something SHUT UP. Let me give you a hint on balancing a 1 cylinder engine, It can not be done.You can improve it some what but it will never run in a ballenced state at all rpm's. The force is always changing when the rpm changes.

Dion, I am running the Nova also. I tried two different set back engine mounts with the lawless then switched to the K&B per Shawn's recommendations. That's when everything clicked.

Brandon,

Ron your the biggest frickin belly acker I have ever heard. You are still the only one out there to openly complaining and bitching about my .46 OB cranks. You carved and ground on that crank of Bob's and may have contributed to what ever happened to that crankcase. If you do not have anything to say good about something SHUT UP. Let me give you a hint on balancing a 1 cylinder engine, It can not be done.You can improve it some what but it will never run in a ballenced state at all rpm's. The force is always changing when the rpm changes.
Why don't you talk to NR Mark, and quit blaming someone else. My post was in reference to their findings, period. It was nothing personal and no ones name was mentioned. BTW, where in the heck do your get your information???? Bob Kensil takes care of his own stuff. I never touched his engine or crank????????

My apologies Ron, I got Bob K. and Dick L. mixed up. As far as NR goes. It is easy for them to say it was because of the crank that was used because it is not a NR crank. Hell these are race engines turning ungodly rpms all kinds of crap can happen.

Thanks for the info Mike!! I will give it a try!! Any chance you would post a pic of your radio box set up on here?

Many thanks,

Dion.

Back