NovaRossi .45 outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Mark is right. Bob's case seems to be an isolated instance. Haven't heard anyone else have the same issue.

Dion, I'll see if I can get some pictures up today for you. If I can remember how!

29c8k88.jpg
There you go Dion.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a neat set up Mike! Those micro servos work ok do they? I am going to do solid push rods for steering this time. I have always used the gold'n'rods in the past but every boat I see over here seems to be using the solid rod set up so I will follow the sheep and see how it works out.

Thanks heaps for the pics as I was wondering if I should mount the servos in a similar fashion- I have square dowel and c/f sheet in the shed.

Cheers,

Dion.

Mike, I see you are running the Airtronics 92624 DSM-2 4 channel RX assumingly on an M11 DSM tX? if so, please share with me your binding proceedure. I have tried every thing under the sun and can't get the 92624 to bind. My 92524s all do just fine. I know this RX is good because i saw it work before I bought it. Thanks in advance, James Beasley

Ron,

Could you stick a k&b flywheel on the lathe and machine to suit? I think this is what Brandon has done but I have not seen it. The lights ones may be a little small from what I've heard. A socket nut to secure if using the nova crank which I would also like to try.
Dion,

There are a couple of people working on kits for the new NR 46 DD crank, so it should just be a matter of time before flywheels will be available too.... ;)

Thanks for the tip Ron!! I have a few of the lights flywheels to keep me out of trouble for a while and K&B ones if I need them. Keep us updated on what you find out about these other flywheels being developed. Nothing like having options!

Cheers,

Dion.

Thanks guys.

Hitec HS-85MG servos work great for throttle and mixture control.

James, Turn the transmitter on and wait for it to fully come on line. Next, hold the binding button down on the receiver while you turn on the power. Let go of the binding button when it starts to flash. Then, press and hold the transmitter binding button until the receiver light flashes rapidly. Both lights should return to on steady now and ready to use.

If you're running fast all tunnels want to blow off. Lol. What I like about the Vision is it's forgiving. It gives you fair warning so you can let off before it peels. Need a little free time to get the motor loosen up a bit before I see max potential. Looks good so far though.

Mike,

Glad to hear you are getting that 40 tunnel ready for battle. The Fall Nats will be here before you know it. Get em ready..... ;)

I have been running a K&B flywheel on my Lights conversion since day one. I don't think the crankcase failure had anything to do with the crank or flywheel. I have more time on the new case than I had on the old one. I can make a conversion for the DD crank,if someone wants to try it. I will be running my Novarossi at the Fall Nats.

Bob Kensill

Where are they all?

I thought this thread would be full of guys talking about them...

Has anyone run one??
I made one SAW pass with my Novarossi .46 at the IMPBA Internats. The motor was rich,the prop was too small and it did not get on the pipe till the boat had already entered the traps. I still ran within one half second of the world record

Back