Nova Rossi Cranks/PTO/Flywheel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htbboats

I've seen there is renewed interest lately in cranks and pto's and flywheels for the Nova Rossi. All details are not yet worked out but I have in the making a deal on getting all that made. I would have the product ready about the end of the year. I would be getting about 20 kits and would not know when or if I would get anymore so they will be limited. They will be made on CNC machines and will only fit the current motors, no special orders on other engines. As with all racing parts there will be NO warranty. If you want one in order to hold you one I may ask for part of the money up front. Price...not yet determined but I will know soon but will be inline/reasonable.

Sales will be handled by me and James at Oval Express Racing.

I'm not yet asking for official orders but I need to know if you would be interested in one so I'll know if I need to go any further. More details as I get them.

Mark Hopper

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a rear housing for a conversion to a OS lower unit as well?

Just wondering, Thanks

Ed.R

I've seen there is renewed interest lately in cranks and pto's and flywheels for the Nova Rossi. All details are not yet worked out but I have in the making a deal on getting all that made. I would be have the product ready about the end of the year. I would be getting about 20 kits and would not know when or if I would get anymore so they will be limited. They will be made on CNC machines and will only fit the current motors, no special orders on other engines. As with all racing parts there will be NO warranty. If you want one in order to hold you one I may ask for part of the money up front. Price...not yet determined but I will know soon but will be inline/reasonable.Sales will be handled by me and James at Oval Express Racing.

I'm not yet asking for official orders but I need to know if you would be interested in one so I'll know if I need to go any further. More details as I get them.

Mark Hopper

Mark,

sign me up for one set please.

John

I've seen there is renewed interest lately in cranks and pto's and flywheels for the Nova Rossi. All details are not yet worked out but I have in the making a deal on getting all that made. I would be have the product ready about the end of the year. I would be getting about 20 kits and would not know when or if I would get anymore so they will be limited. They will be made on CNC machines and will only fit the current motors, no special orders on other engines. As with all racing parts there will be NO warranty. If you want one in order to hold you one I may ask for part of the money up front. Price...not yet determined but I will know soon but will be inline/reasonable.Sales will be handled by me and James at Oval Express Racing.

Mark Hopper
Mark,

Put me down for 2 of them. Let me know when you need the money.

Bill Bigelow

Mark

You can put me down for 2 sets, just let me know about payment.

Thanks Deryl

Mark,James,

Please pencil me in for 2.

Hey Guys,

Mark approached us a few weeks ago about building 20 complete sets of outboard conversion kits for the Nova Rossi .21. We agreed but only for a batch run with no specialties. The cranks will be made out of the same steel that we used in the past. The kits will include, like Mark said, fly wheel, PTO, and Crank.

We are the same guys that made the cranks when we still ran Precision Boats Racing, but we closed that down and took on a new venture. We know operate a 5 man machine shop. Check out our web site. www.PTPMfg.com These kits will be ran across our brand new Hardinge CNC Lathe and Hass CNC Mills.

We are not coming back as Precision Boats Racing. These kits will be sold to Mark Hopper only! Please contact Mark or James (who will be distributing them for Mark) to place your order.

Josh / Tim Fulton

PS.....

For everyone who knows us, the "Ole Man" is doing well with his health and just said the other day..........

"I'm Gonna Finish My .21 Outboard Rigger for the Straights in Georgia!!!"

Hey Guys,
Mark approached us a few weeks ago about building 20 complete sets of outboard conversion kits for the Nova Rossi .21. We agreed but only for a batch run with no specialties. The cranks will be made out of the same steel that we used in the past. The kits will include, like Mark said, fly wheel, PTO, and Crank.

We are the same guys that made the cranks when we still ran Precision Boats Racing, but we closed that down and took on a new venture. We know operate a 5 man machine shop. Check out our web site. www.PTPMfg.com These kits will be ran across our brand new Hardinge CNC Lathe and Hass CNC Mills.

We are not coming back as Precision Boats Racing. These kits will be sold to Mark Hopper only! Please contact Mark or James (who will be distributing them for Mark) to place your order.

Josh / Tim Fulton

PS.....

For everyone who knows us, the "Ole Man" is doing well with his health and just said the other day..........

Josh,

May I strongly suggest that you all do a double run of the cranks. They (among the rods) are the first to break and there are none available. Everyone you make will be sold and you can count on that. I know I would like an extra one.

John

Hey Guys,

Josh / Tim Fulton

PS.....

Josh,

I'm glad to hear that you and your dad is doing well. Thank you for helping us NR Lovers out with the kits.

Best of Luck,

TB

Well Well my sweaty friend, Glad to hear you, Dad and whole family r doing well You should problably make a double or possibly triple run God knows they won't go to waste. Regards to the family Steve H.

With to days CNC for you to set up to run 20 pcs.you mite what to run 60 pcs not much more time.I beleave the 60 pcs will sale real quick.It would be nice to know the price on the set I mite be enterested in 2 sets.

Dave Roach

With to days CNC for you to set up to run 20 pcs.you mite what to run 60 pcs not much more time.I beleave the 60 pcs will sale real quick.It would be nice to know the price on the set I mite be enterested in 2 sets.
Dave Roach
Depending on price . I would also like a set or maybe two .

These parts will be run again or is it just a one time deal?

Ed.R

Dave Roach
Depending on price . I would also like a set or maybe two .

These parts will be run again or is it just a one time deal?

Ed.R
Mark H, i will buy one set, and the extra cranks are also a great idea. Josh, good to hear you and Dad are doing fine. Now, if you guys could start making the 3.5 bearing cases again.LOL I think imo those cases are the best ever for the K&B and Lawless. Richard D

There will only be one size crank made. That will be what I'll call a std. 14mm Long Stroke crank. That will not fit from what I understand the 35Plus engine. However we will have the option of two sizes of pto's. The early long stroke motors had a .980 size case where the pto goes into the block and later ones have a 1.000 opening. Some of you that have engines check to see what you have and let me know if I'm wrong on those two sizes.

More later.

Mark

One unanswered question...There will only be a pto to kit the K/B bolt pattern

There will only be one size crank made. That will be what I'll call a std. 14mm Long Stroke crank. That will not fit from what I understand the 35Plus engine. However we will have the option of two sizes of pto's. The early long stroke motors had a .980 size case where the pto goes into the block and later ones have a 1.000 opening. Some of you that have engines check to see what you have and let me know if I'm wrong on those two sizes.More later.

Mark

One unanswered question...There will only be a pto to kit the K/B bolt pattern
Mark,

I was just going to ask about the 2 PTO's, ya beat me to it! I happen to have two different production year NR outboards (both originally PB conversions) the 2003 uses the 25.4 mm bearing and smaller case opening, while my 2005 uses the 25.8mm bearing and larger case opening. I would think Tim/Josh would have the necessary specs for both sizes.

PLEASE put me on the list for one kit of each.

Not to add confusion, but any chance they'd make a batch of their P/B carburetors (0.316 bore?) for the NR outboards? I know you guys would sell them.

Mucho mucho thanks for offering this.

Wally

Its good to hear that you are going to make outboard parts I would like 1 also.

Thanks Richie R

Latest posts

Back