Nova 45 DD going lean?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like there is a lot of vibration with your fuel tank look at it move back and forth do you have any isolator pads on your fuel tank it's moving back and forth just a thought

looks like the outlet hole on the spray bar is facing the camera! Is it ?
Zoom carbs have holes that go all the way through the spray bar. My guess would be to improve atomization, I'm sure mister Perdue could elaborate.

Hello Mr. Roy,

Eric is correct, the Zoom carbs have more than one hole in the spray bar. The placement of these holes of various sizes and in corresponding precise locations on the spray bar, will allow the carb to meter the fuel very accurately to the engine demand and the amount of throttle opening. This also atomizes the fuel much better. The smaller the fuel droplet, the more complete the burn thus also creating more power with better drivability. They work very good.
default_smile.png

Thanks,

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for an update
default_smile.png

First off I would personally like to thank Glenn Quarles for all his help in getting things straightened out with Al's engine, Glenn really went over the top in taking care of Al.

We ran a few tanks through the engine tonight and the motor worked flawlessly, stock carb , standard OPS 67 pipe , nothing special, no crazy voodoo setup and it ran great.

Now we can finally start to unlock this motors potential, after we break it in a little more.lol

We pulled Al's motor out and switched it with Olly's, ( I had the motor to go through and it looked perfect) the only thing we changed was that we used Al's carb because it was setup for the boat, fired it up and proceeded to run a couple tanks through it without any problems at all.

Again normal settings, not filthy rich on the bench, no voodoo here either.

So Olly must have something else going on with his boat.

Nice to put an end to this, even nicer to see the smile on Al's face as the boat ran tank after tank dry.

Thanks again Glenn for all our help.
default_cool.png

Tim Kish

Time for an update
default_smile.png

First off I would personally like to thank Glenn Quarles for all his help in getting things straightened out with Al's engine, Glenn really went over the top in taking care of Al.

We ran a few tanks through the engine tonight and the motor worked flawlessly, stock carb , standard OPS 67 pipe , nothing special, no crazy voodoo setup and it ran great.

Now we can finally start to unlock this motors potential, after we break it in a little more.lol

We pulled Al's motor out and switched it with Olly's, ( I had the motor to go through and it looked perfect) the only thing we changed was that we used Al's carb because it was setup for the boat, fired it up and proceeded to run a couple tanks through it without any problems at all.

Nice to put an end to this, even nicer to see the smile on Al's face as the boat ran tank after tank dry.

default_cool.png

Tim Kish
So is he coming to Ottawa? We need another 40 hydro.
default_smile.png

Time for an update
default_smile.png

default_cool.png

Tim Kish
So is he coming to Ottawa? We need another 40 hydro.
default_smile.png
Yah we do.
default_smile.png
Or two or three more.....
default_smile.png

Time for an update
default_smile.png

default_cool.png

Tim Kish
Yeah!!!! Glad it is working like it should!!! I think you guys will really like it!

GQ

Of the three different boats discussed on this thread, it appears that there maybe three different problems.

I'm interested to hear about the Sport hydro progress.

Can someone out there snickering please share a successful setup ? And one wonders why guys don't want to run nitro !! Even the latest technology engine with all the best peripheral parts and this is a common problem . Share . Almost seems as frustrating as the CMB 101 deal .
There you go Foley man

At the time I had the turbo small head standard quite pipe 1655 prop slightly cut barrel ,ported mild a gen 2 zoom carb and had to go with a OS p-5 plug large fuel lines a Farrette needle system 9.5" pipe and a tank modeled after a Andy tank done in stainless steel.

This was my 3rd tank after going to a 1657 80 mph and 2316 90s.

Oh ya being it's stinking cold here I'm running a 40thou water exit hole @45 to 60 degree water.

Screenshot_2015-09-03-20-19-35.png

Of the three different boats discussed on this thread, it appears that there maybe three different problems.

I'm interested to hear about the Sport hydro progress.
Pretty sure he slipped the pipe out a touch and made a strut adjustment.Boat was too tight coming off the corner and not freeing up thus dragging the motor down./ These motors are a bit touchy,you keep the motor happy at high rpm or fight to figure out why it falls off pipe

Very nice running setup Charles!!!! Thanks for sharing your setup and success with other Novarossi owners!!!

Back