Nothing to do with boats but.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
The G-kids and i started playin with Model Rockets, so we built a rocket for my wife and called it the GRAMMY ONE! She had no idea.....i hope one day that they will get bit by the boat bug, but they just arent ready yet...they sure like the rockets though!! Maybe one day...im VERY proud of em....the GRAMMY ONE flew GREAT!! :)

Bill, we raised two girls, anything I could do in a house full of women together was a good thing. More power to you. ==={}
Ray, let me tell you how out numbered the guys are in my family......my daughter has two girls(thats the 2 in the pics with my wife)my son has 2 girls, my brother in law has.......2 girls, my son remarried a few years back, his wife has............yep! 1 girl!(my 5th "adopted granddaughter)im truly up to my ASS in em! :D :D ...but i LOVE EM ALL! ITS NUTS MAN! :rolleyes:

I love it Bill, before too long we are gonna join you all at the rocket club to get in on the fun. ;)

Funny you post this now as I was just about to post about helping Kayti with her homework tonight :rolleyes:

Six years old and knows everything, your in grandpa mode and love it-

I'm in dad mode and geeze - she is more stubborn than me :p

Lord help me...........

I love it Bill, before too long we are gonna join you all at the rocket club to get in on the fun. ;)

Funny you post this now as I was just about to post about helping Kayti with her homework tonight :rolleyes:

Lord help me...........
Brother....wait till she hits the TWEENS! You will NEVER know what hit you!Im SO GLAD TO BE A GUY!!!! Andy, the next launch at the TTRA field i belive, is November 20th..if you can make it, i think both you and Kayti will get a kick out of it! HEY, by the way, im done pissin-n-moanin...i goin to the Winternats! :) Im going to try to get a 20 stock tunnel together....i miss runnin em! I hope you can go!

Lord help me...........
Brother....wait till she hits the TWEENS! You will NEVER know what hit you!Im SO GLAD TO BE A GUY!!!! Andy, the next launch at the TTRA field i belive, is November 20th..if you can make it, i think both you and Kayti will get a kick out of it! HEY, by the way, im done pissin-n-moanin...i goin to the Winternats! :) Im going to try to get a 20 stock tunnel together....i miss runnin em! I hope you can go!
Same date as the Riverview and Voodoo races ... planning a Multi Engine re- entry into rocketeering ...love it !! :lol:

Lord help me...........
Im in for the Winter Nats - 4 classes deep if they make - Ive gone Foley :eek:

How bout you help Foley keep his twin rocket on the lake and we make the next one :blink:

We miss ya , plus Im outta Windex :)

Bill, we raised two girls, anything I could do in a house full of women together was a good thing. More power to you. ==={}
Ray, let me tell you how out numbered the guys are in my family......my daughter has two girls(thats the 2 in the pics with my wife)my son has 2 girls, my brother in law has.......2 girls, my son remarried a few years back, his wife has............yep! 1 girl!(my 5th "adopted granddaughter)im truly up to my ASS in em! :D :D ...but i LOVE EM ALL! ITS NUTS MAN! :rolleyes:

As Jeff Foxworthy would say......

You live in the ESTROGEN ocean !!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes it was better having only girls, Mom handled the personal stuff, I just doled out the money.
biggrin.gif

Sometimes it was better having only girls, Mom handled the personal stuff, I just doled out the money.
biggrin.gif
AFIRMATIVE!! Did you ever notice how much "personal stuff" there was when it invloved girls?? Or is it just me???? :D :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I went and did it Bill-

Im pretty sure from the size of the smile on her face, she is gonna have a little fun with your grand daughters ;)

I got 2 /3 packs of the B-6/4'S for dad to play :p :p :p

52b2uv.jpg

Andy

Im pretty sure from the size of the smile on her face, she is gonna have a little fun with your grand daughters ;)

52b2uv.jpg

Andy
Thats GREAT Andy!Im sure we'll all have FUN! A B6-4 should get that rocket up quite nicely...get ready to do some WALKIN!! :Does her rocket use a streamer, or chute?

52b2uv.jpg

Andy
Thats GREAT Andy!Im sure we'll all have FUN! A B6-4 should get that rocket up quite nicely...get ready to do some WALKIN!! :Does her rocket use a streamer, or chute?

It uses a streamer. Came as a complete kit with the launcher and all for 29 bucks :)

They claim 1200 ft on the b-6/4s :rolleyes:

What are the pro's and con's of the chute type vs streamer ?

BTW

You would be proud of me Bill, I showed restraint and purposely DIDNT by ignitors yet , I know myself :p

I came close to that one for myself Grim. I got my eye on the Big Daddy .

52b2uv.jpg

Andy

It uses a streamer. Came as a complete kit with the launcher and all for 29 bucks :)

They claim 1200 ft on the b-6/4s :rolleyes:

What are the pro's and con's of the chute type vs streamer ?

BTW

You would be proud of me Bill, I showed restraint and purposely DIDNT by ignitors yet , I know myself :p

I came close to that one for myself Grim. I got my eye on the Big Daddy .
Andy with a streamer, the rocket will come down at a higher rate of decent and will not drift as far as a chute, and will still land safe and in one piece! Great for small fields...less likely to lose it!...Judys "GRAMMY ONE" is a Patriot, and is a super nice flyin rocket...i want to build one and set it up for D or E power as Grim did...im just about finished with an old Estes Mercury Redstone that is set up for D power...cant wait to see what it does!! If Kaytlins rocket will go that high on B's, imagine what it will do with a C6-7!! :)

Bill, I will believe that altitude claim when I see it,

or dont see it- so to speak ;)

Andy

Andy, i just had to show ya.....its a Semroc SLS ARCAS that i just finished...it will take E to J(24 to 29mm)engines...its a mid/high power ship...hope to lite it off at the next TTRA launch in November..IM ALL EXCITED! :)

Andy, i just had to show ya.....its a Semroc SLS ARCAS that i just finished...it will take E to J(24 to 29mm)engines...its a mid/high power ship...hope to lite it off at the next TTRA launch in November..IM ALL EXCITED! :)

NICE !!!! B)

I can see how this will be pretty close to my transformation from 6 cell f/e boat -to the big block nitro's as far as the -

I WANT MORE ( bigger/faster/louder ) factor :blink:

BTW , Your gonna need a bigger pad :p

Andy

Got Kayti's first flights in today and had a hoot B)

Fired each rocket 3 times, six flights total.

Started off with both on an A8-3 to make sure all was good. Then stepped to B6-4 in each-impressive.

and finally shot the Rascal on a C6-7 - Sweet !!!!! :eek:

Tried a C6-7 in the little purple rocket :rolleyes: Didnt turn out so good- LMAO .

The big point is , Kaytlin had a GREAT time and is looking forward too it again, and even Mom thought it was cool.

Inexpensive clean family fun, gotta love it................

2bxpmt.jpg

2zjaw5d.jpg

Andy

Andy, THAT IS TOO COOL! :) As much as i do love racin, aint it nice just to go do something just for the fun of it???? I will post a pic shortly that will easily explain why i couldnt get back to you yesterday.......you will either shake your head, or laugh or maybe both!............i truely am .........an IDIOT! :D :D

Back