Nitro Race in Florida!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jereme this will have to be run as a none district points race?

If so can it still be sanction under NAMBA insurance with the blessing of the District?

Just thought I would bring this up now before it raises it's ugly head later.

Of course this will not be a district points race. And yes this race will have the blessing of the district. And will not Interfere with any district 3 high points race.

And I did my homework so I wouldn't be shot down later.

I hope you can make it down David for some fun nitro racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the new house is done I will be there.

Don't for get to have a run what you brung class.

Lets see who is the baddest of the bad!!!!!!!!!

O the carnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And keep that Chihuahua of my A$$

What is Jerry running in Twin Hydro.

It ain't WOOD is it.

Of course this will not be a district points race. And yes this race will have the blessing of the district. And will not Interfere with any district 3 high points race.

And I did my homework so I wouldn't be shot down later.
Wish you well Jeremy , at least you have the powers that be in your corner- will make the hurdles easier to jump ............

It shouldn't be a twin hydro class it should be a multiple engine nitro class. Any hull type as long as it's more then one engine.

A 4 round qualifier with the top 5 going into a final round. How you finish the 5th heat is how you finish the event.

Scramble the drivers in the heats so everyone races everyone.

20, 40, 60 classes run 8 boat heats

X classes, multi engine, unlimited class, scale run 6 boats per heat

Open water on Thursday

Race on. Fri, sat, and Sunday

Minimum of 6 or 8 boats to make a class depending on which class

Those are some ideas

It all sounds good but the 8 boat heats.

I think 6 boat heats lends to better racing without as much carnage!

It also spread's the points out making for tighter racing.

You can run more heats an hour without as much dead wood to pick up. So the time is close to the same as 8 boat heats.

Sounds good Jeremy!!

I like any style of racing be it point's or shootout. I think 6 per heat is plenty myself(just my opinion),the 45 and 67 boats are just as fast if not faster than some F-X hydros. I would at least shoot for 4 or more rounds per class,more racing the better :) ... I like what Rod said,spreads the points out,that is true.

The most fun is the Master Format which is like the Outlaw AWinged Spring Cars run. You qualify by yourself on Friday and the top 5 or 6 go into the A Main, the next 5 or 6 go into the B Main, etc. You run 3 heats starting with the lowest main and the winner advances to the next higher main, etc. The A Main is the last race to run. Belive me, 3 heats is ENOUGH. Everyone gets to race with people of similar speed, etc. It makes it really fun for everyone. We gave away a Top Qualifier Hat and then Green Jackets for the A Main Winners. Didn't have many classes so it ran off very well.

The Tampa Club is going to put on such a race for Gas Hydros and Gas Monos in the near future. Since Gas is so big in Forida, this is the way to get it started.
This

Seems like a lot of time spent qualifying . If someone spends $ 1000.000 to go to a Toy Boat race they are going to want to run their boat for 4 rounds at least . Remember a bad glow plug can take God out of a heat ! LOL Just some thoughts as you will have a LOT of classes and boats wanting to run . :)

I like the Masters format If you don't want to run qualifying you don't have to, however you can "technically" run against everyone else in timed oval. Much better than open water.

Limited classes.......limited boats per heat (4).......Real RACING, not just dodging dead boats
If you start with 4 boats there might be 2 running at the end. Now in the shoutout rounds starting with 5 boats there could be 5 running. Since the 5 are the best finishing of the wknd.
Marty's idea is great but not if you have 13 classes and 200 to 300 boats.

6 boats during the qualifying rounds is fine. But 8 allows more entries. There is no way it takes just as long to pick up 2 more dead boats then it does to run another heat.

One thing that would be great is 3 rounds of shoutout racing among the top 5. However without knowing how many boats want to enter it's really hard to plan it.

It shouldn't be a twin hydro class it should be a multiple engine nitro class. Any hull type as long as it's more then one engine.

A 4 round qualifier with the top 5 going into a final round. How you finish the 5th heat is how you finish the event.

Scramble the drivers in the heats so everyone races everyone.

20, 40, 60 classes run 8 boat heats

X classes, multi engine, unlimited class, scale run 6 boats per heat

Open water on Thursday

Race on. Fri, sat, and Sunday

Minimum of 6 or 8 boats to make a class depending on which class

Those are some ideas

danny that sounds like fun

Thank you all for all of your great ideas, We will be deciding soon the format of this race and the exact date in August and we should have this race open for entry in January.

Thanks again

Just my opinion and this is my 1st post. Run all classes like they do the 1/8 scale class. You need points to get " into the final " and then those boats take 1st, 2nd and 3rd. A consolation boat could be the 7th boat in case one quits during mill time. Old boater back in the 80's and looking to get back into racing again. I really enjoy IW.

Jeremy i agree with Bruce that is a good format and works well with the scale guys, i think that be the most fair way Robert

Glad to hear your getting back in Bruce hope you guys can make it down to Huntsville for some of our events.

Just my opinion and this is my 1st post. Run all classes like they do the 1/8 scale class. You need points to get " into the final " and then those boats take 1st, 2nd and 3rd. A consolation boat could be the 7th boat in case one quits during mill time. Old boater back in the 80's and looking to get back into racing again. I really enjoy IW.

Hello Bill, yeah we plan on coming down. just hope to have something working really good by then. My dad is to old to race now and my brother can't find his radio, lol My buddy Alan Elzer and more of the Evansville group should be coming.

I saw 8 boat heats mentioned . you do not save any time running 8 boat heats . Retrieve boat time will exceed the time it takes to run a heat ( 7 - 10 min.) There is not enough real estate for 8 hydros side by side down the front straight . JMHO but 6 boat max on heats . Maybe not try to make the race a "Race for all time " and run the race using proven formats . It will be 90 + degrees everyday and you will be sweating like a madman all day working on your stuff , things will slow down some , not to mention rain delays . JMHO and that's it . Give racers 4 - 5 solid rounds of racing to get their moneys worth . JMHO FIRESUIT ON !!
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png
:lol:

Back