Nitro Race in Florida!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyEdge

All right guys, I would like to put on A nitro race here in Florida and I would like some suggestions on what the racer wants to see at a Nitro event.

Trophys? no Trophys? how many rounds would you like to run 4-5-6? would you like a bracket type race?Or just a points race?

I am open for all suggestions and willing to hear what you would like to say.

please keep it nice and clean.

Also this race would be for all nitro class's tunnel,sport,hydro,scale,monos and kids class's.

Thank you

Jeremy Edge

All right guys, I would like to put on A nitro race here in Florida and I would like some suggestions on what the racer wants to see at a Nitro event.

Trophys? no Trophys? how many rounds would you like to run 4-5-6? would you like a bracket type race?Or just a points race?

I am open for all suggestions and willing to hear what you would like to say.

please keep it nice and clean.

Also this race would be for all nitro class's tunnel,sport,hydro,scale,monos and kids class's.

Thank you

Jeremy Edge
Points Racing With a Couple Special Events. Like a unlimited race.... a Unlimited Race mixes different boaters together to race and racers that normally dont see each other at the drivers stand..... A lot of fun for many drivers!! What part of Florida are you thinking??

Good question Tom, I am aiming for august (but this is not in stone as of now), That way we do not mess with any other races near FL or are own District.

Right now I am seeing if the interest is there for this type of event, which i hope there is.

Joe: this will be at the Broward Lake which has on site camping and on site showers and bathrooms with lots of other neat amenities.

Here is a link (below)to the website for the park.I know it might not be that central but with as dedicated as the nitro guys are I am sure this could be a great fun race.

http://www.markhampark.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question Tom, I am aiming for august (but this is not in stone as of now), That way we do not mess with any other races near FL or are own District.

Right now I am seeing if the interest is there for this type of event, which i hope there is.

Joe: this will be at the Broward Lake which has on site camping and on site showers and bathrooms with lots of other neat amenities.

Here is a link (below)to the website for the park.I know it might not be that central but with as dedicated as the nitro guys are I am sure this could be a great fun race.

Have 5th Wheel Can travel......

Depending on the number of boats in each class you could do 3 or 4 qualifying heats and the top however many boats qualify for a main event,like the way we do the twin shootout events. Just a thought if you are thinking about doing something different. I don't like mixing classes like running a 20 rigger with a twin. Count me in sounds like fun.

Depending on the number of boats in each class you could do 3 or 4 qualifying heats and the top however many boats qualify for a main event,like the way we do the twin shootout events. Just a thought if you are thinking about doing something different. I don't like mixing classes like running a 20 rigger with a twin. Count me in sounds like fun.
It's August ...you are not coming anyway !!!! LOL Std heat racing format .,there won't be enough boats for eliminations . :D

The most fun is the Master Format which is like the Outlaw AWinged Spring Cars run. You qualify by yourself on Friday and the top 5 or 6 go into the A Main, the next 5 or 6 go into the B Main, etc. You run 3 heats starting with the lowest main and the winner advances to the next higher main, etc. The A Main is the last race to run. Belive me, 3 heats is ENOUGH. Everyone gets to race with people of similar speed, etc. It makes it really fun for everyone. We gave away a Top Qualifier Hat and then Green Jackets for the A Main Winners. Didn't have many classes so it ran off very well.

The Tampa Club is going to put on such a race for Gas Hydros and Gas Monos in the near future. Since Gas is so big in Forida, this is the way to get it started.

4 rounds/ top six advance to final round , where you finish is where you place.

We would be in for 20 stock tunnel/ 40 mod tunnel / 40 mono and Scale.

August would work as its an open month- just stay away from late October or you wont see any Tunnels ;)

Andy

I always thought a good format would be to race 4 rounds and the top 5 go into a championship final winner take all. Then have one more "last chance" heat for the remainder of the field and the winner of that is the 6th boat put into the final. But, still give 1-2-3 awards for the heat racing. This way any of the contenders could win the final round and not have a boat that dominated the heats come away with no prize because it bombed in the final. Of course this format would not work at a big "all classes" race with tons of heats. But it would be fun at a limited class specialty race such as an OB event or a Hydro shootout.

As someone who likes the points system and likes playing the points system, even I am perfectly ok with having the last chance heat to get in the final. At the end of the weekend if I did not get into the top 3 for heat racing or into the final then i would still feel like I had my chances.

I don't disagree with everyone here. 4 rounds and the top 6 for all the marbles for all classes. That will be great. Also you can do a unlimited class or event pretty much run what you brung type race everyone vs everyone no matter what class from tunnels to Twins that would be awesome.

But every class should have its 1,2,3 place trophy then the top 6 shoot out is for bragging rights.

Julian

This is all great advice guys,

I am pleased that all of you are showing this much support in this event,

I thank you and keep these ideas coming.

This race will be made by racers for racers.

Awesome stuff...

This is all great advice guys,

I am pleased that all of you are showing this much support in this event,

I thank you and keep these ideas coming.

This race will be made by racers for racers.

Awesome stuff...
THAT my friend and new younger blood that is willing to take a stand and make a mark in D-3 is the only thing IMHO that will sustain us into the future. It certainly cant be done without the direction of those that have lived it and done it- Its a group effort.

Some cant quite get their hands around it yet because change is always hard- but to keep it alive- its things like this that need to happen. Keep up the hard work J - at times its un appreciated- but we have to keep pushing to keep it alive- period......

Once again , just my worthless .02

Andy

this will be at the Broward Lake which has on site camping and on site showers and bathrooms with lots of other neat amenities.

wow, looks like quite a site. I assume Broward Lake is shown just south of the (red) designator, adjacent to Camp Chameleon, on the map (at the web-site)? Is this where you guys race in your district normally?

Thanks David, actually we race right where it says barkum at markum.

And that is are permanent lake, and yes this is one of the district races sights.

Back