Nitro out-riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitro will smoke any mod gas engine out there. :rolleyes:
Yup well NOPE Gas has come a long way. I went to St Louis a few weeks back and saw a Zen260 do 90 mph lap after lap after lap. Also drove a pair of Whips doing 75mph lap after lap after lap...YES I OWN WHIP so does my son. And Big DADDY is building me a Joe Boat so I can go GAS RACING. I still race nitro and always will but for speed and reliability DONT kid your self GAS IS HERE AND getting faster every LAP.....

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something about the sound of a nitro engine, just peaking out on the pipe as it runs down the straight away.... Now I've gone and gotten myself all excited and we won't see boating water for 6 months.

There is something about the sound of a nitro engine, just peaking out on the pipe as it runs down the straight away.... Now I've gone and gotten myself all excited and we won't see boating water for 6 months.

Well at least we wont see water for only 4 months... Time to start building something but I don't know what.

Robert Holland

Well at least we wont see water for only 4 months... Time to start building something but I don't know what.

Robert Holland
What about the twin rigger project you were talking about?

Robert Holland

I think I'll build a new 20 hydro.....the old one is...well....getting OLD....
tongue.gif

I must say that a gas engine holds its tune very well...but the sound of a nitro rigger spinning at over +30,000 rpm is quite intoxicating. Also, gas riggers are usually larger and much easier to see.

Robert Holland

There ya go. Build a twin. You will never regret it. You will not get to run it often. But when you do, there is nothing else like it.

Mike

I have always wanted to build a twin, but nitro engines are expensive these days. What about a twin .21 with nova rossi 5 ports? How would that do in the 40 hydro class? I have heard lately that .21 twins are not worth the hassle...

Thanks.

Craig,

There are several people building twin .12's these days. Maybe you could build one of those JAE's .21's, but stretch the bulkheads to make the tub wide enough to accomodate the twin micromills............. ;) B) :ph34r:

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Craig,

There are several people building twin .12's these days. Maybe you could build one of those JAE's .21's, but stretch the bulkheads to make the tub wide enough to accomodate the twin micromills............. ;) B) :ph34r:

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Twin .12's would be .24 total. Is that legal for the .20 IMPBA hydro class? If I remember correctly, I don't think it is.

This winter I am building a JAE .21 with a nova rossi 5-port. Maybe next winter I will build a JAE .45 with twin .21 5-ports.

Got to see Tom Foley's twin MAC 84 run this weekend for the first time. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. :eek:

Gas will never do that. Seen the gas twins run at the pond and there is no comparison. Also got to see Dick Jones CMB 90 Eagle run what an awesome boat, well it was till it got all but cut in half. Also saw Marty Davis run his MAC 21 rigger smooth as a baby's you know what. Gas that's what you put in your mini van not your race boat!!!!!

David

Back