Nitro Cowls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another option is to build a cowl from wood. Using a peice of 1/16 for the base and 1/32 for the sides, some nice looking cowls can be custom built very easy. Do a few sketches of possible designs until you get one that you like. Just use some triangle stock to reinforce the corners on the inside. If you want it stronger, cover with 2 oz fiberglass cloth.

I have seen some very nice cowls done this way. They have the "Stealth" look. This cowl is also light.

Charles

That's an idea. This is going on a old school rigger. Can't get those ol' crapshooter cowls out of my mind. Thanks!

John

That's an idea. This is going on a old school rigger. Can't get those ol' crapshooter cowls out of my mind. Thanks!

John

I have the moulds for two cowls eather will fit 67 to 90 rigger

Gary

FCM Racing

Last edited:
The cowl needs to be 5.25" wide. I can make CMD glass cowls but they will not fit that size.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
The cowl needs to be 5.25" wide. I can make CMD glass cowls but they will not fit that size.

Mike
The wedge shaped cowl will fit a 5.50 tub 16.50 long

Gary

The wedge shape being the cowl on the left in pics? Sure like that right pic! I'm pretty sure I can take a cowl and a piece of ply and come up with something that looks good depending on what the cowls made of.

John

Here is a shot of my 90 cowl that I laid up. Never did get around to painting it.

Mike

Mike, I like that cowl but I don't think it will work. Looks like the engine is back to far for my boat.

John

I think I might have something else that will work at home. I will check and get back to you. I have to dig deep into the pile of old boat stuff. Get out the dust mask.

Mike

I think I might have something else that will work at home. I will check and get back to you. I have to dig deep into the pile of old boat stuff. Get out the dust mask.

Mike

lol...................that's just where this boat came from. Thanks!!!

John

Anyone making larger cowls now for riggers. Something in the 80, 90 range? Thanks!

J. Pflueger
https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10192&pos=-13352
Is it you that sells the cowls on ebay?? :unsure:

Nick
yes!

Igal.
they look great.... and your prices are great also. by the way welcome to I/W good to see you here. B)

Nick
Thanks!

Igal

Igal's C/F cowlings are THE best cowlings I have ever used! Super light, very strong, and Great price. Use them on every one of my Eagles.

-Buck-

Mike
So I went digging. I found my old avenger90 plug. I am not sure were the cowl mold went. It would be perfect but I do not want to invest in reproducing that mold for a one off.

Sorry

Mike

Back