Next generation R/C Radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good....i'm glad that it's not "uncool" for good racers to use less high-tech and expensive radios........i'm sure it makes an impression on young newbies like myself to not feel like the really expensive radios are a must to be good. i'll be sure to spread your words [and jerry's] w/ my boating friends in order to save them some money.

joe

It goes to show, that if you are used to using something, then that something is the best for you.

There is a guy in my club that had a bad motorcycle accident when he was a wild youth. Unfortunately, he lost the ability to use his left arm. It is totally dead from the shoulder down, but he is still able to race, and he uses needle control when he is racing. He has even one a few of the district events. The only thing that is used to aid his handycap is a table that he made that straps around his waist so the radio stays stationary when he is driving. If he can do 3 things with one hand, then if anyone uses something long enough, then they should be able to do six things with two.

By the way, he also flies scale gliders with 3 channels. He has won competitions in that genre, as well.

Some of the newer members in our club are using the attacks new version. Some of the older low budget racers are using the older version. My kid uses the older version when he is racing his airboat. The scoop that is going around, is that the newer version doesn't have near the range as the older. They are advising people that if you are running cars, they are fine, but using them with boats will be a little risky. Anyone have any scoop on that? If it is true, why would they reverse the quality? Doesn't follow common sense rules of any companies research and development standards, if you ask me. Hmmmm.

Hammer

Hammer

well, i bought my 2-ER about a year ago and it has plenty of range for tooling around and racing an oval, never tried using it at a very far range.........how new are the "new" ones?

hmm,

that looks like the one i've got , 'cept for the grip tape on mine !! ;D

i wonder if maybe they released them i japan after they released them here, though that's the opposite of what happens w/ most things........what do you think?

I don't think that it would be released in the states before it was released here. I'm not really sure about the range thing either. The guys who use them at our pond, don't seem to have any trouble, but then again, they don't really venture out far enough to test the limitations. My second son is interested about getting into airboats, too, so I'm looking for something that is cheap for him. It comes with the servos and it is less than 60 dollars, so I think it is the best bet.

The range thing is just a rumor that is going around here. I was just wondering if it had spread to the states.

Hammer

probably,

but im not one of the first to get boating rumors :)

my hobby shop charged my 80 for the whole thing......

though that was back before i started asking my mom to come into the store w/ me, and they started getting alot nicer... > :(

wish there were other places nearby, i spend alot on shipping.

Latest posts

Back