Newton Plans assistance needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolschool

I have a set of Newton plans for the 1/8 scale Winstn Eagle 1989 lobster boat (plan no.157) I am a little confused over the rear sponsons. On the first 2 sheets they are shown, but on the framing details page 3, they don't seem to be there. Also the frames for the transom etc will not suit the rear sponsons.

Some help would be greatly appreciated here please.

Thanks

Gino

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set of Newton plans for the 1/8 scale Winstn Eagle 1989 lobster boat (plan no.157) I am a little confused over the rear sponsons. On the first 2 sheets they are shown, but on the framing details page 3, they don't seem to be there. Also the frames for the transom etc will not suit the rear sponsons.Some help would be greatly appreciated here please.

Thanks

Gino
Gino,

The rear sponsons are like that of an Outrigger Hydro, they will need to be made out of foam/wood construction and adjustable.

Thanks Joe, that makes sense, but on the plans it does show a framed construction?

I still don't understand though what happens to the side of the tub? Will I need to modify it to eliminate the "angle", I've seen pictures of the rear sponson boat having a tub very similar to a rigger with flat sides, not angled so much from the bottom if that makes sense. As far as I can see, this will be a complete redesign of the tub and hull sides than that what is on the plan sheets.

Help please.

GO TO PHIL THOMAS WEB SITE THAT MAY HELP

http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/scale.htm

Winston Eagle (Lobster)

The Winston Eagle Lobster boat is all epoxy glass. The 5 inch engine well is molded into the hull and the motor mount t-nuts are installed in a ¼ ply doubler. The cowling is all epoxy glass and is fitted to the hull.

Scale Hydro Kit with Cowl - $575

Replacement Cowl - $40

Air Scoop - $30

Turn Fin & Mount - $30

Back