Newbie to electrics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT1

like it says im new to electric boating

ive done nitro before but now want to try the other side of boating

ive been looking to get either a racing mono or cat

i prefer a 6-8 cell that can go pretty fast

i want one that isnt cheap but isnt expensive either

can anyone tell me which boat is RTR and is a RACING boat

not a little toy cuz i plan to race

and what other things would i need to get it started

any help is appreciated

thanx

I dont think you will find a good rtr boat that wil be competable. Your best bet is to buy a bare hull from MHZ and rig it yourself. A rtr brushed setup will run around 300-400$ depending what you get. There also is the option of used.

Phil :) ;) :D

MHZ hulls are very nice but there are less expensive options which are still decent quality. There are competitive RTR boats available; Fine Design offers several in various states of readiness. Their Key West would be competitive in P-Offshore class for example. It could also oval race in P-Hydro - it woundn't be competitive but would still be fun and a good learning boat. With suggestions from the Fine brothers you could get one set up with 6-8 cells and have a good boat to learn FE with. Other similar options can be had from Fullers Fast Electrics and others.

Catamarans are good beginning fast boats because they are not too difficult to set up and are easy to drive. A sport hydro or rigger will usually be faster but can be tougher to set up and race. I used to race an 8-cell Key West in the 8-cell hydro classes and took a 3rd in a large class turnout at an APBA Nats.

There are lots of sport hydro hulls available, the vendors above can hook you up. As in most things which move, the more $$$ you spend, the faster you can go.

Back