New THOR 355 to be released soon!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This 355 should be getting its first drink of water in a few hours...Looks like he already has a sponsor. I wonder how much he is getting paid for that add? Maybe he will get some free fuel... Actually Kevin said he has a few honey-do's to get done first. Maybe before the weekend is over he can get a quick run in. This is Kevin's first wooden boat build and looks like he has the hang of it.

The 355 is an "out of the box" design not only in its race configuration but It features some new things that greatly shorten the rigging time too. We call it the fire wall. If you look at the picture I added, you can see where the upper rear portion of the control box is open. The kit comes with a firewall plate that can be easily marked and drilled for controls and then put in position to check for alignment and if everything looks good, you glue it in. If not, you can just use that one as a pattern and cut another one right quick. Once you check it and have it just like you want it, you glue it into place. This really makes it easy to rig. We liked the concept so much that I added it to the 295 as well.

The gas boat will not have the fire wall because it is so easy to get to.

-Carl
Looking really nice...getting more jealous.....personnaly I would redesign the black cockpit sticker......

THOR 355 and 295 lineup ready for more testing and Fall Nats!!!....
default_smile.png

well done and a nice large picture.....thanks

Ron - I still don't see you signed up for a certain race in Florida in November!
Matt,We have the Elizabeth City SAWS the weekend of November 9th now so I doubt I will be making the trip. I hope you all have a great race.
ahhhh HA
I knew you would squirm out any way you could!

O Well, we will have more fun without you anyway
default_rolleyes.gif
Your right Kris. More trophies to win without me there.....Lol. You guys have fun.

THOR thread back on track. ...
default_smile.png
HAHA

I am not a points and trophies man Ron, no room for that stuff in my luggage
default_wink.png

What sort of crown are we going to put on the best performers head this year? IE best over 2-3 classes?

IE 15 boats in the class and you win, you get 15 points, second in this class gets you 14

Trophy for the most DNF's? (Jeff used to be a shoe in for this one aparently, but not this year
default_wink.png
)
Kris,Looks to me like you chase both points and trophies after all.....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well curious minds want to know how the testing is going on this hull. Well word is from LRC in RIcon that testing went pretty good. I will let carl or kevin give the accurate report but the super secerete squirrel pixs I got. The box of styx looked pretty good. Shaw how's your testing going.

Well curious minds want to know how the testing is going on this hull. Well word is from LRC in RIcon that testing went pretty good. I will let carl or kevin give the accurate report but the super secerete squirrel pixs I got. The box of styx looked pretty good. Shaw how's your testing going.
Testing went well. He has been out with it twice now and is narrowing down his setup. The dimensions of this boat are not like the typical 7.5 Tunnel so we are trying to get that extra edge that this model was targeted to hit. If the model was designed like all the others it would do what everybody else is already doing.But instead, we are trying to learn how far the design can be pushed. We don't really want much out of the boat. If we can just get it to completely destroy the field I guess I would be happy with that. Still testing...

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

Testing going well. Very pleased with the progress on all the THOR tunnels. Almost ready for Charleston....
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back