New StingR 45 rigger coming out of the UK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Bryant

A friend of mine Armen has been working hard recently on a new rigger, as we all know there are only so many variations on the theme and the designer does not claim it to be as good as or better than any other rigger on the market lol. The build and testing is for fun and if it turns out to be a viable boat then it will come up for sale but not until we are happy with the design.

Here are a few pictures of the boat and the first two test runs using a CMB 45 V5 with a Dave Miles pipe and a 1455 prop on 25% nitro.

This is the V3 tub as yet untested and will have a twin rear ski

IMG_2172.JPG
ea884c2a3bc0a97c586afd0c94b53589.jpg

This is the V2 tub and sponsons with a single ski at the rear

0782e677dadee1f1ebc4b33887c683eb.jpg

b92d96982b79f82151d4646cb21cee10.jpg

Videos of the first test runs will be posted shortly.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I'll post a few more detailed pictures when my boat turns up next week.

Your correct Mark, the tub in the assembled picture is the V2 tub which has a twin lid radio tray and single rear ski, the first two pictures are of the V3 tub which has a single radio tray and will have a twin rear sponsons once finished over the weekend.

Thanks Mark, the boat is being test as we speak and is going well, it will be going into its first race tomorrow, hopefully we might get a video of it running against some well established rigger. Our hope is to finish the race without incident and to test the design in rough race water.

Back