New Sport 20 Smokin Joes 30 inch

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Naylor

I started this a long time ago and we are doing some of the new finish work on the parts thought you all would like to see it now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been working on this boat over the last ten years, I started it as a Nitro boat in 1999 and have been working on the molds every since then. The deck just got done in a permanent mold and I will be building the test lay ups to see if they all fit together like I want.

Hear is the original boat. More boats to come

smokinintheshopsb6.jpg

Well this thing has some shine to it. Wahoo!!!! All you mold makers out there gotta love this one. Wish I had a Proud Pappa smile.

The bottom mold is a temp mold and if it all fits right on Sunday I will make a permanent bottom mold.

We have been working on the Bucks. we did a major rebuild. We are ready to build the molds for the Smokin Joes 30 inch sport hydro. I will be doing the mold builds as I have time.

Well I am back to this point with the molds on the Smokin Joes, Last time I set them up in the end I failed to have them fit correctly. I missed something some ware and with a lack of memory I did not know ware or when I slipped up. Well they are all new and I pray they fit correctly.

Wow, that looks great!!!!

Where did you get the decals from on the original?

I spent about 60 hours scaning and cleaning up pictures. I have been doing vinyl for scales for 12 years and have quite a few, not all by any means.

looks good hope it all comes together......might be interested in one if possible

hey randy, looks really really nice. hope it all works out for you. my old pit partner had the 1/8 scale of this boat and i have always loved this paint scheme.mike.

Nice one randy! Glad to see you here. Hope you will post some of your latest FE projects in the FE section

I have to build the Electric one but the Nitro is ready to runI will have to do a little checking to see what I need I do not have any Fuel for sure. do you want to meet at Kaiser cove? I will be running Electrics at Heather Farm's this sunday

Ya last we spoke you were back there and had not left yet.

Wahoo I have done it. Epoxy gel coat. Guys you can have the new Smokin Joes in any color you want. I have succeeded. On top of that my molds for the Smokin Joes fit and work Pete you will have a boat in 3 weeks.

There is a few blams in my boat but it was the first one and I know what to do now.

Color $40.00 extra

I have been working on this hull for about ten years off and on this summer I put a lot of work in to it and finally finished the molds. Now it is time for a FE boat. It will be a LSH boat that will do a little light duty in P Sport It is a little short for the full blown P Sport. I am building a 34 inch for that class. This boat is 30 inches

Back