NEW Service from Me Time, broadcast w/our equipment

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprfrk440

As many of you know, we were not able to make the trip to the Voodoo race this year, so some equipment is in route to Voodoo Pond via big brown truck and an airplane.

Carlo and the Voodoo Gang plan on broadcasting the race all weekend. I'm sure there will be a few bugs to work out, but we will get most of those out during testing tomorrow afternoon (I Hope), depends on Mr. Will Nichols how soon we go live.

First I want to thank Carlo and the Voodoo Gang for testing this service, the plan is to offer this to any club who wants to broadcast their race. I have not hashed out all the details yet, here are some ball park figures and ideas:

Any club that wants to broadcast a race on MeTimeLiveRC can do so, we rent you the equipment for the weekend for $200, w/ you providing internet service, $250 if we provide you internet service. Also, because of the cost of the equipment, a $750 security deposit is required, credit card num would be fine for this. The only other cost you have is return shipping.

Equipment sent includes: laptop, wireless microphone, camera, tripod, 100ft video cable, optional internet air card w/broadband booster antenna, and a 19 page fully detailed instruction manual (19 pgs for now). All you need to broadcast your race.

I would like to know everyones thoughts on this so please post them, good or constructive . . .

Also hoping we might be able to work something out with our Australian friends, that would be really cool

Watch the race this weekend on Me Time Live RC

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing Doug! This is going to be a hot service. I would love to see our district broadcast at least one race a season. The fees are more than reasonable.

D

We sure could have used this at the IMPBA Gas Nat's as you know how much trouble that we had trying to do a webcast there!

Ron that is what got me to thinking, and really pissed at myself for not being able to make the Voodoo race. I am sure there will still be some bugs to work out at every event, always happens to us anyway, but a huge head start from where yall started.

Already got two inquires for this and hopefully we can get an Australian race and maybe something in Bermuda, might even get to South Africa, who knows, but I think it's gonna be pretty cool.

I'm sure that Will can do a good job of doing the webcast so I'll have to tune in.

Yeah, that was a mess in Celina. We hoped to pull it off but not having the right camera and with me making multiple runs to Wally-world trying to get the right cables then finding out later that the connectors on Joe's laptop were out lines only when we needed to go in didn't help and was the last straw. I saw later on what we should have used instead. We didn't even have a tripod to set the camera on! I knew that we should have been on it a day or two before the race to make sure we could do it.

Yes it is rough when you don't have everything you need to do the job, happens to us every other trip usually, but we gettin better :)

Thanks Terry, you gonna do a broadcast next year?

Still working out the details, only thing that has really changed since the "test" is that an internet connection will be sent whether you need one or not, and the fee will be $250 plus a $750 security deposit. I feel the Voodoo Gang would have broadcast if I sent them an internet connection. plus a couple other small pieces. I rushed trying to get this done, so next time the package will be 100% complete and tested by my 9 yr old daughter from beginning to end of instruction booklet.

Also, once the instruction booklet is complete, I will post online so everyone can see how this is gonna work.

Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming with some reservations too,

Doug

Ir would be cool to be able to webcast a record trial! Nobody has done it yet that I know of and may draw a bigger crowd to the event. If you need a hand with it, let me know and I'll plan on spending a weekend there.

I'm good for more than making runs to McDonald's and Rite-Aid for balloons! :D

Doug

Don't forget me I still have intentions to do the same here on the west coast. I have been testing here with sprint as you suggested and all seems well . Before the season starts lets do that test again, okay?

Dave

Absolutely Dave, wondering where you been hidin. . .lol

call me anyday in the evening and we can test, we got pretty close with your stuff the last try, just ran out of time.

Back