New Racing Rules IMPBA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

The racing season is upon us,the following proposal passed. Be aware of this NEW RULE

Racing Rule Change

See Section G, Contest and Racing Rules, page G - 5,

Subsection 3. Heat Racing Rules, Subsection b. Clock Time

b. Clock Time

1. Clock Time will be initiated at the expiration of Pit Time and no boats may

be launched or released after commencement of Clock Time. In the interest

of safety, if a boat is started before pit time has expired, it shall be allowed to

be launched at the discretion of the Pit Manager.

2. Milling procedures during Pit Time and Clock Time.

a. Boats on the course awaiting the expiration of Clock Time will adopt a

milling pattern in a clockwise direction around the course. In the interest

of safety, course milling is required.

3. During the last fifteen seconds of Clock Time, boats passing the No. 6 buoy must

steer a straight course, and observe driver safety in selecting lanes. Zigzagging,

"S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction with

either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed.

Proposal: Change the Third Paragraph to read:

3. During the last 10 seconds of Clock Time, or boats passing the No. 4 buoy must

maintain their lane, and observe driver safety in selecting lanes. Zigzagging,

"S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction

with either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed.

NUMBER 3 is the new part of this rule

Last edited by a moderator:
So if a D,E,F,or Twin hydro doing 75mph+ passes buoy 4 at 9 seconds left on the clock they have to hold their lane all the way around the course?? If so, then how many clubs have the manpower to have 5 or 6 people on the stand to watch every boat AND be able to call the start. Most races I have been to only have one or two people on the stand calling the race and lets be real, there is NO way 2 or 3 people can watch all the action going on in a heat of very fast boats. This looks like another rule that will not be enforced.

Just my opinion,

Buddy

I think if we all play nice, it should be fine. Not a big problem in Dist.14 anyway from what I've seen. Let's just race clean and have fun. Leave this can closed.

BB

Ok gang it's 10 seconds OR passing buoy four. So turn down the adrenalin and understand it's ten seconds OR passing buoy four. In other words HOLD YOUR LANE ONCE YOU PASS BUOY FOUR COMING FOR THE START.

And if you pass buoy four @ 75+ with 9 seconds left you need to work on your clock skills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok gang it's 10 seconds OR passing buoy four. So turn down the adrenalin and understand it's ten seconds OR passing buoy four. In other words HOLD YOUR LANE ONCE YOU PASS BUOY FOUR COMING FOR THE START.

And if you pass buoy four @ 75+ with 9 seconds left you need to work on your clock skills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is not what the new rule says. The way I read it is, after I have passed bouy 4 or that 10 seconds have passed that "I must maintain my lane". But then it goes on to say that "and observe driver safety in selecting lanes". This is in past tence. So with this said I can move anywhere I like on the course so long as I don't ZigZag, "S" turns, or fishtail to delay the crossing of the starting line. And under other present racing rules so long as I am not impeding another boats right of way I have not commited any infraction of any kind.

So what has this new rule done? Nothing that was not already in the rule book. Sorry guys have read this rule many times and this is the way I see it and will enforce it in any race I put on this way. Who ever came up with this rule did not read the rule book for repeat rules.

So if a D,E,F,or Twin hydro doing 75mph+ passes buoy 4 at 9 seconds left on the clock they have to hold their lane all the way around the course?? If so, then how many clubs have the manpower to have 5 or 6 people on the stand to watch every boat AND be able to call the start. Most races I have been to only have one or two people on the stand calling the race and lets be real, there is NO way 2 or 3 people can watch all the action going on in a heat of very fast boats. This looks like another rule that will not be enforced.

Just my opinion,

Buddy
Good point 1/2 the written rules that are already in the book are not enforced!! and if you are in lane 2 under 10 sec and your boat quits is someone else able to move to that now vacant lane 2? A few boaters are just now traveling to races out of town where they did have bad experiences just a few years ago..... We have begged boaters to return to Atlanta. Good Way to Piss them all off before the race even begans.... & with 8 boat heats Who is going to referee the starts? With on road motels at $100 plus a nite and Gas 3.55 per gallon & diesel 4.15 Plus per gallon . You dont need to guarantee the boaters a bad time with more New rules that are as Clear as MUD!!!!!!!

Just my opinion,

Buddy
I have to agree thats a good point..

if you are passing buoy # 4 at 10 seconds and you think you can make a legal start? Your boat is NOT ON PLANE......... it is idling.......

Just my opinion,

Buddy
ONLY when it is Convenient for a club to call it......... the rest of the time it will not be enforced!!!!!

This is not what the new rule says. The way I read it is, after I have passed bouy 4 or that 10 seconds have passed that "I must maintain my lane". But then it goes on to say that "and observe driver safety in selecting lanes". This is in past tence. So with this said I can move anywhere I like on the course so long as I don't ZigZag, "S" turns, or fishtail to delay the crossing of the starting line. And under other present racing rules so long as I am not impeding another boats right of way I have not commited any infraction of any kind.

So what has this new rule done? Nothing that was not already in the rule book. Sorry guys have read this rule many times and this is the way I see it and will enforce it in any race I put on this way. Who ever came up with this rule did not read the rule book for repeat rules.
The guys that put... put... put... to the start line OFF PLANE...... Just Don`t Want to RACE!!!!!!

LOL

Doesn't matter if it is nitro, gas or electric. Too many rules, too many classes and no uniformity or cohesiveness across the country.

Kind of like chasing a fart in a wind storm. Of course if you finally catch one, it aint good.

All kidding aside - we need more rules. :)

Rules are rules, we all must play by the same rules, good are bad.

What I don’t agree with is voting on rule changes very early in the year, when a large portion of the voting membership are not able to vote because they haven’t paid their dues yet. I think that all voting ballots need to be published in the September newsletter, when the voting membership should be at it’s maximum, and due in by the end of October. Also by doing it this way, if there are any rule changes to individual classes (haul specs, rudder / strut placement, engine sizes, etc.) a person building a new boat over the winter can make the necessary adjustments during construction.

DonB

Rules are rules, we all must play by the same rules, good are bad.

What I don’t agree with is voting on rule changes very early in the year, when a large portion of the voting membership are not able to vote because they haven’t paid their dues yet. I think that all voting ballots need to be published in the September newsletter, when the voting membership should be at it’s maximum, and due in by the end of October. Also by doing it this way, if there are any rule changes to individual classes (haul specs, rudder / strut placement, engine sizes, etc.) a person building a new boat over the winter can make the necessary adjustments during construction.

DonB
I agree with you Don But I live in a District #5 that we have not elected our own dist director in the last 8 years we have them appointed to us..........

In past tense? No it's not- During the last 10 seconds of Clock Time, or boats passing the No. 4 buoy must maintain their lane, and observe driver safety in selecting lanes. Zigzagging, "S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction with either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed. Everything there is in current tense. Joe hit on it when he said the guys that put put to the start, if you think about it you'll understand exactly where this is directed, it really doesn't change anything for us racers who hit that last corner with the transom on fire. ;)

Just to better undersand.. what calls if any would happen here..

FF to the start. (3:10)

Grim

Back