new parts for an old KickButt...?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hey guys,

my 3.5cc KB has sat on a shelf for 5 or more years after being halfway broken in, and i was wondering if KB has made any big improvements on their newer engines [i know, they still dont have the 3.5s in stock so any new improvements would be on the ones made right before the shut-down] as far as carbs, heads, or anything else that would signifigantly increase performance....i noticed that the carbs on the newer ones are very different, mine is just a black plastic square with a venturi coming off.....

Joe

I've 3 of the 3,5 cc ob's. One is the old style (with the propshaft clamped between the lower units), one is the most common engine and one new # 8906. I can tell you they are all pretty different (besides the obvious parts like crankshafts, carbs etc) on the inside. Liners vary (in timing and thicknes) cases are different etc etc.

So you can't say K&B did not some development in the years.

Oscar,

i've got the old one.....are there any parts from the newer one that you would recommend i get to increase performance?

Joe

I think it is not that easy. Most of the newer parts will not fit at all. You could just tune it a bit by adding a tuned pipe, golg carb, and do some internal flowing.

oscar, iv'e got an Irwin standard [not quiet] pipe on it now, and i'll try to get a gold [that's what you mean by "golg", right? :) ] carb soon.

thanks,

Joe

Yes I did mean gold. ;)

I think it is a good beginning but don't take my advise for granted there are a lot of guy's on this forum who have a great deal more experience than I have.

Guys??? ???

Yeah I agree,

Any K@B thats runnin now is good considerin the parts thing,

Gold carb, Irwin pipe, hit it with 40 to 60 percent nitro and go Boogie!!!

Gene ;D

k,thanks gene..i put on my rebel racing decals yesterday [lookin' real good!] and i'll be getting a Hitec 605 for a steering servo soon....nothing stopping me but the weather!

Joe

Back