New Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a friggin monstrosity !! Hate to be the tech on those turds in the near future ....can you say 2000.00 tune up required by warranty ?? I'm gonna guess a suggested price of 40,000.00 !!! Gonna be lots of blown gearcases with those things for sure and without a transmission to take advantage ofythe power ...

Pretty cool! ;) Tom I figured youl'd be 1st in line to buy one. Gearcases are holding up to big HP IO's so may not be a problem. Mercury was working on a 2 speed transmission in a mid section back in the 80's. Powerglide should fit in that tower housing easily with room to divert the exhaust without overheating the transmission. Your probably right about the 40K price tag.

MIC

thing is cool for sure...but its just a small block chevy with a distributor..... if it costs 2000.00 for a tune up you are getting raped...but then again,,,,one who can afford the engine to begin with,,,,can afford the services...screw the outboard,,,jam that 557hp into an old camaro or somthin,,,really put it to use...

thing is cool for sure...but its just a small block chevy with a distributor..... if it costs 2000.00 for a tune up you are getting raped...but then again,,,,one who can afford the engine to begin with,,,,can afford the services...screw the outboard,,,jam that 557hp into an old camaro or somthin,,,really put it to use...
In a Camaro :rolleyes:

JK I love Camaros but dream fixer upper is a 70-72 trans am :D

the sadest part of the whole thing is you could build a 550 hp small block for under 10,000.00 ,,,crap,,if you budget build you could do it for under 7,000.00 ..... so basicaly you are paying 30,000.00 for a lower that mates to a small block....yikes...kinda got ya by the marble sack on this one....lol....

ac

the sadest part of the whole thing is you could build a 550 hp small block for under 10,000.00 ,,,crap,,if you budget build you could do it for under 7,000.00 ..... so basicaly you are paying 30,000.00 for a lower that mates to a small block....yikes...kinda got ya by the marble sack on this one....lol....

ac
Saddest part about that is I could spend that on my duramax the 10,000 and push 7-800 hp at the wheels!!!! Now say 40,000 I could push over 1,200-1,500 at the wheels and spit corvettes out the exhaust :eek:

Found some additional info...Seven-Marine inc. The engine standing on end was not the finished product...crank sits horizontal, just as it would be in a car. Twin pinion gearcase to handle the HP.

Back