NEW!!! NAMBA 6 Lap Oval Heat Racing Record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some years ago I set a NAMBA 6 Lap Oval Heat Racing Record for a 60 Hydro of 61 seconds and some change. Well I'd like to congratulate Allen Terry who took an old John Brown Built Eagle SGX and an old Andy Brown Mac .67 and beat an old record. with 59 seconds and some change. If it wasn't for a broken servo switch in the last heat I bet he would have improved on that.

Congratulations Allen.

... I guess I am going to have to pull ole Betsy out of the Moth Balls... Hahahahaha!

No Really. Congrats and Good Driving.

Must have been a good day in California. Hopefully we can get that 9/19 race together. Sounds like there will be some good racing. Well looks like Chris has it then

Congrats Chris.

Must have been a good day in California. Hopefully we can get that 9/19 race together. Sounds like there will be some good racing. Well looks like Chris has it then

Congrats Chris.
I called the race where Chris Grim ran the 58 seconds. Its very unfortunate that I had to call a lap penalty when he hit the buoy exiting the last turn on the last lap. We do use brush or touch a buoy as a penalty call in D19 which is stricter than the NAMBA rule. I look back wondering if he really brushed that buoy or if he went by it so fast that it caused it to pop. Like maybe that particular buoy was inflated a little too much. In any case, I admire anyone who can get a boat to travel that fast in heat racing trim and stay on the water. It was pretty to watch.

Thanks, Al Waters

Congrats Chris.
I called the race where Chris Grim ran the 58 seconds. Its very unfortunate that I had to call a lap penalty when he hit the buoy exiting the last turn on the last lap. We do use brush or touch a buoy as a penalty call in D19 which is stricter than the NAMBA rule. I look back wondering if he really brushed that buoy or if he went by it so fast that it caused it to pop. Like maybe that particular buoy was inflated a little too much. In any case, I admire anyone who can get a boat to travel that fast in heat racing trim and stay on the water. It was pretty to watch.

Thanks, Al Waters
So uhhhhh now I supposed it's back to Allen then. Hahahahaha!

Sorry Chris... Tough Call.

One funny story to add. My dad is the D9 Technical Chairman so has to measure any engine after a record is set if the owner wishes to apply. His first calculations were way over so I kidded with Allen saying "Too Bad, with Dad's Help Looks like you won't be breaking the record after all" Hahahahaha! Finally after reviewing his figures he came up with the right figures. Later on I asked him what figures he got the first time. He replied... the discplacement I got the first time was more than what I have in my Chevy Truck. LOL!

One thinge for sure Roger -- if I were in the same heat with them both I would scratch it just to watch them duke it out

There,s nothing sweeter than a fuel hydro skipping across the water at 80 plus mph

See ya in Fremont next race

Henry

Congrats Alan,

That is a smoking time. Chris' run was blistering fast. Don Maher and Henry Velasco weren't slow pokes either, but as usual for a fast rigger race one or two boats always seem to suck a plug or fall off the pipe. I'd love to see Alan, Don, Henry and Chris in a single heat.

A D9/D19 shootout would be a fun, too bad there are no lakes in Central CA.

Tyler

Congrats Alan,

That is a smoking time. Chris' run was blistering fast. Don Maher and Henry Velasco weren't slow pokes either, but as usual for a fast rigger race one or two boats always seem to suck a plug or fall off the pipe. I'd love to see Alan, Don, Henry and Chris in a single heat.

A D9/D19 shootout would be a fun, too bad there are no lakes in Central CA.

Tyler
Don't give up just yet. We are working on that D9/D19 Challenge.

D9 vs. D19 shootout will at least be next year at Legg when we host the Nats. Something in between would be nice too.

Tyler

Well Tyler... we used to have a Challenge race every year.

And your right we will have a shoot out at the nats. I would like to make one request though.

No Powder Puff Days... This means no full race days where top guys go the whole day without racing any real tough competition. As a matter of fact I think all the guys favored to win a class should race each other in at least the last heat of the day. So in this case it would be Allen Terry, Chris Grim, Mark Grim, Don Maher, Henry Velasco, a sixth fast guy whoever that might be. It would be even better if we can run the Luv plan for the whole nats.

Also...

I would like to propose a Drivers Challenge. One boat. Each Driver entered takes turns doing two laps. Fastest Laps win. Then we have something that comes down to just the best driver. It could be any boat... maybe do a mono, rigger, sport and outboard.

Congrats to Allen,"Superfast" Terry :D That is a very,very fast time!!

Roger,Allen & everyone, The Seismic Amigos will hold a 2 lap time trials on July 31st-Aug 1st at Legg Lake. This would be a perfect time to have the "Drivers Challenge" Roger spoke of! Oh by the way The first sub min. 5-lap time was 57.25sec. done a year or so before Al Zap's 59sec. Done with a K&B 67 in a Gailforce rigger by yours truly ;) The fastest 5-lap time was run by my bud Mark Grim, not 1 but 2 times in the same day!!!

54sec.& change both runs!!!

Don :)

ps The sixth guy in the shootout should be you Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger/Don

if you hold 2 lap shootout/records in with the NAMBA Nats in 2011 i know a few from OZ will make the trip over.

regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger,Allen & everyone, The Seismic Amigos will hold a 2 lap time trials on July 31st-Aug 1st at Legg Lake. This would be a perfect time to have the "Drivers Challenge" Roger spoke of! Oh by the way The first sub min. 5-lap time was 57.25sec. done a year or so before Al Zap's 59sec. Done with a K&B 67 in a Gailforce rigger by yours truly ;) The fastest 5-lap time was run by my bud Mark Grim, not 1 but 2 times in the same day!!!

Oh! Sorry. I stand corrected. Sorry Don. Didn't mean to forget about you. Maybe when Al did it was the earliest I started keeping track.

Hmmm.... July 31st is the Gold Rush race so any guys that run gas in D9 will be there. My cousin is getting married in Riverside on the 31st so I will be at the wedding. Will you guys run on Sunday? That is a good idea though. If I don't make it you guys should still do it. Ought to be fun. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

Awww Don. You caugght on to my diversion tactic. Notice how I was trying to stay out of that one so you guys can duke it out and maybe I could cruised to the win in the background. Hahahahahaha!

Back