New Miss Vegas!!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don’t know if this helps but........

The boat is indeed faster then the old one. The new ST 18 is really quite powerful and holds up well.

Changes include

New Super Tigre motor with Super Start system (the 12V cord is trick!)

Changed sponsons

New Motor mounts

Tougher radio box plastic

new shorter header with cooling coil

new quiet pipe

and of course our new tactic 2.4 radio.

All in all the boat now runs in flat water as well as it does in rough.

The pipe is our response to being responsible boaters.. we (AquaCraft) want a quiet boat as well as a fast boat. The pipe is a FULL BLOWN RACE PIPE so take your time breaking in the motor. The pipe can be a tad peeky but when on the needle..

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim

don’t know if this helps but........
The boat is indeed faster then the old one. The new ST 18 is really quite powerful and holds up well.

Changes include

Changed sponsons

New Motor mounts

new quiet pipe

The pipe is our response to being responsible boaters.. we (AquaCraft) want a quiet boat as well as a fast boat. The pipe is a FULL BLOWN RACE PIPE so take your time breaking in the motor. The pipe can be a tad peeky but when on the needle..

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim
Hey Grim!! A sudjestion for you guys at aquacraft!! Start selling/carrying replacements hulls For the vegas!!! The cowl is priced to much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Why doesn't tower/aquacraft just offer some type of upgrade pack (ie glue on sponson mod in carbon fiber) for the old miss vegas hull? That way, if there are any RTR races, the addition of the upgrade will allow the original miss vegas to run with the UL18.

I just new you guys (aquacraft) were going to do a modifcation like this after seeing the UL1... Its a Miss Vegas Evolution.

one word ... SWEET!

Keep em coming!

Ron G aka sleepy 306

Why doesn't aquacraft come up with a rtr out rigger? Uh...no that would be too much for the beginner because those rigger can be fast.

don't know if this helps but........

Changes include

Changed sponsons

New Motor mounts

new quiet pipe

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim
Grim,

Couple questions about the "new" style vegas.

Are both new styles the same?? (miss Vegas and Miss Vegas Deuce) besides the radio? Do they both have the same upgrades as you listed?

So will the new deuce be offered only the way listed? 2.4 radio is the only choice? I'd like to see another promotion like last summer!! Let us in the deals please!

How can we make sure we are getting the latest version with the latest mods?

Thanks!

Changes include

Changed sponsons

New Motor mounts

new quiet pipe

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim
Grim,

Are both new styles the same?? (miss Vegas and Miss Vegas Deuce) besides the radio? Do they both have the same upgrades as you listed?

So will the new deuce be offered only the way listed? 2.4 radio is the only choice? I'd like to see another promotion like last summer!! Let us in the deals please!

Thanks!
Look at the box. Right on it it says "Vegas Deuce." The "Vegas Deuce" will replace the Miss Vegas.

JD

Changes include

Changed sponsons

New Motor mounts

new quiet pipe

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim
Grim,

Thanks!

Brandon.

Are both new styles the same besides the radio? ?? Nope...the boats are different.

Do they both have the same upgrades as you listed? Both, not sure I understand?

Sponson mods on both? Both?

So will the new deuce be offered only the way listed? Yep!

2.4 radio is the only choice? yep!

I'd like to see another promotion like last summer!! That would be nice...

How can we make sure we are getting the latest version with the latest mods? Buy the one with the new blue box with the yellow boat on the front.. its the new one.

ROCK ON BRO!

Grim

Check it out: http://towerhobbies.com/products/aquacraft/aqub34.htmlSuper Tigre .18, 2.4 Gig Tactic radio and the Glenn Quarles designed pipe!

Somehow I see them coming out with a hot-rodded Super-Vee 27 next.
Have you seen it run Ron?? Guess I am wondering about the "bad to the bone" comment...

Sean
No, I haven't seen it run but saw the engine at the Toledo show. When Mike showed it to me I knew that they had to have something to drop it into. Now I have the feeling that it will also be put into a SV 27 or maybe something else at the Aquacraft Skunkworks.

Mike was really sly at Toledo as there might be something even more exciting coming out and I ain't sayin' a word! He can be such a tease at times! :D
i hope they did some sponson mods to it, as i placed one on backorder.. anyone want that engine and radio when it comes in ..lmk

terry
Terry let me know what you want for them. Thanks Lynn

Check it out: http://towerhobbies.com/products/aquacraft/aqub34.htmlSuper Tigre .18, 2.4 Gig Tactic radio and the Glenn Quarles designed pipe!

Have you seen it run Ron?? Guess I am wondering about the "bad to the bone" comment...

Sean
No, I haven't seen it run but saw the engine at the Toledo show. When Mike showed it to me I knew that they had to have something to drop it into. Now I have the feeling that it will also be put into a SV 27 or maybe something else at the Aquacraft Skunkworks.

Mike was really sly at Toledo as there might be something even more exciting coming out and I ain't sayin' a word! He can be such a tease at times! :D
i hope they did some sponson mods to it, as i placed one on backorder.. anyone want that engine and radio when it comes in ..lmk

terry
ill take new price...lol ..idk make me a offer on them and a fair one. and we will make it work..thanks

tk

Sean

terry
ill take new price...lol ..idk make me a offer on them and a fair one. and we will make it work..thanks

tk
Got no idea-gonna try to get little bud going again. Think bout and let me know. See if I can get it together. Thanks Lynn

Yesterday I had the opportunity to observe JD run his brand new, never before started Vegas Deuce and compare it to my almost brand new, stock but broken in Miss Vegas. No contest! Right out of the box the Deuce was powerful, quiet and handled very well. Both boats had Octura Y535 props. I estimate that the non-broken-in Deuce was running at least 4 mph faster than the MV.

So.....when is the big sale on the "Discontinued" Miss Vegas

I guess I did not realize that when the "deuce" came out, the Miss Vegas would no longer be available....Thought we'd get a choice of boats and prices....guess not.

I also wonder what clubs running the current "stock" MV will do. Might have to add another class? Just might make the original boat have to run modified.

There is a club here locally that runs the MV in stock and modified form. Should be interesting.

Dan

So, we show up at the small retention pond in Fife this morning and Ernie "Newbe" shows up with a never been run red Deuce. Ernie makes a few break in runs with the plastic prop and Traxxas 30% car fuel. He then sticks on a Y-535 and his future son-in-law, Trevor, sticks a GPS in back of the radio box. With probably less than 200' to get up to max speed, the GPS shows a top speed of 37.9 mph. So, let's round that off to 38. JD's observation: That speed is 4 - 5 mph faster than the Miss Vegas running similar fuel and prop. The best we ever saw on radar with a stock MV, 57% fuel, and Y535 was 33-34 mph. Ernie's prop depth is 1 1/8" and basically neutral prop thrust.

I ran my Deuce with a Y-535 and 57% fuel and it was easily 5- 6 mph faster. Ahh, JD, why didn't you stick the GPS in your Deuce? Good question. Answer: I had already cleaned it up and "pickled" the motor. My prop depth is 1 1/16" and neutral. I'm running the Grim Fin. It was necessary to slot the holes on the Grim Fin mounting bracket to fit the bolt pattern on the Deuce.

JD

JD, Your stock deuce was running strong against the boats in the Sport 20 class at the race today. I'm impressed. I can't wait to get my deuce.

I took my deuce out for the first time today and after a 6 tanks I started tweaking the needle, I ran 38 on GPS. There is still room for more speed with some tuning. I was running 30% fuel, Y535 prop and a grim fin.

The other vegas we had out there with the same setup was running much faster than my boat. We put the GPS in it but it ran out of battery. I will have to remember to charge next time.

Back