New Lynx 21 Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry Dunlap said:
Hey Russ, just send some $$$ to Tim!!! 
Dunny

82556[/snapback]

It's already on order, I am just waiting for the Big Brown Truck!!!!!!

(Tim, I am on my knees) ;)

I am a little disappointed I traded it off to Charley, but he got a Lynx all set up and ready to go.

I did hear he screwed something up and it wouldn't run well for him. Geez, you give a guy Chicken Salad and he turns it into Chicken Sh*t. That's okay Charley I will help you fix it :p

Russ

That's ok Russ.. I can take care of it.. I might be giving a lesson in drilling motor mount screws correctly some boat night. I might also have another course in following directions. I am pretty sure the directions to the Lynx say in capital letters to not mount the engine with screws and bolt.. I could be wrong though.. :blink:

Let me know if you need any help with your new boat. :p

Charley

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tim,Josh,Ron,or Carl,

What is the Hot Propeller on the Lynx 21? I heard that a few are having success

with an X-442 modified,the reason I ask is, I am going to be doing a few props

for a couple of them boats and I would like to have a few in stock. I know the

1440 and the 1640 work quite well also,I guess I answered the prop question.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

CHowarth said:
That's ok  Russ.. I can take care of it.. I might be giving a lesson in drilling motor mount screws correctly some boat night.  I might also have another course in following directions.  I am pretty sure the directions to the Lynx say in capital letters to not mount the engine with screws and bolt.. I could be wrong though.. :blink:
Let me know if you need any help with your new boat. :p

Charley

82565[/snapback]

Charley,

It does say that. Blind nuts will fold up trying to bite into the transom and nuts require a wrench (thats a pian in the butt to deal with) so...

We all run the threaded aluminum plates that mount on the inside of the transom.

That works the best because if you need to change your engine height, it is just a matter of backing off the mounting screws.

You can make your own or get one from Precision Boats.

If you need anything else let me know.

-Carl

Charley,

Well, I think you were running a modified 1440 on Saturday. Jim Frahm is running an OS 21 OB on my WOF 28 with a X440. Last time we had it out it was working well. Wanna try Waughop again this coming Saturday morning? Hopefully, you won't get pushed off I-5 because of a tanker fire this time.

JD

I made an aluminum plate out of some 1/4 6061 i had in the shop and I must say it is so much easier to adjust the outboard now. I dont know why anyone would want to use nuts after doing it this way. I will have to come down next saturday jerry. It will just be a fun run right?

Jerry Dunlap said:
Charley,
Well, I think you were running a modified 1440 on Saturday.  Jim Frahm is running an OS 21 OB on my WOF 28 with a X440.  Last time we had it out it was working well.  Wanna try Waughop again this coming Saturday morning?  Hopefully, you won't get pushed off I-5 because of a tanker fire this time.

JD

82591[/snapback]

Hey Jerry,

Funny you asked.. I was just going to post to see what days and times we can run at the pond.. I am all in for Saturday morning, however.. I just got permission..

I think I had a balance issue and was just burying the prop.. I went over the boat tonight and feel it's ready to go.

If you are up for it, I'll be there again Saturday. I'll make sure to get off I-5 sooner this time!!

Charley

Saturday is just open water.. No buoys, no racing.. Just hanging around and driving boats. Come on down.

Charley

Guys,

If you haven't already got one, cut a piece of wood for a setup board. I use 3/4" thk. with aluminum channel bolted on the bottom for stiffness. Cut it where your engines lower unit will clear and allow the board to extend past the rear of the boat all the way to the end of the prop nut. This will help you deturmine your prop shaft angle as well as the height of your engine.

Set your engine up as described in your instructions, set your C/G and you should have a near perfect trim right off the bench.

Jerry will be a good person to have help. He has been doing this longer than I have. Sorry Jerry...it's true.

-Carl

Yeah he set the cg on my nemesis and i didn't even really get how he did it. I think he balanced it on his fingers if i remember correctley.

ryrycnc said:
Yeah he set the cg on my nemesis and i didn't even really get how he did it. I think he balanced it on his fingers if i remember correctley.
82625[/snapback]

To C'G your boat, Place the boat (with out fuel) on a wooden dowel. find the balance point and measure from the rear of the sponson (not the deck) th ethe center of the dowel. Make sure it is set to the specs in the setup instructions.

Also, 1/4" aluminum sounds a little heavy. I would lighten it up some by milling or drilling some holes in it. Always keep the rear of the boat as light as possible.

Jerry,

40 years...MAN. Well, you have had 40 years of FUN right Jerry?

I will do this until they chunk me in the clay. As a matter of fact, somebody will have to pull my boat from my hands to get the lid closed! LOL

-Carl

Carl, Ron, Josh

What prop are you guys running or do you suggest for Stock with OS MAX21?

Thanks,

Charley

CHowarth said:
Carl, Ron, Josh
What prop are you guys running or do you suggest for Stock with OS MAX21?

Thanks,

Charley

82644[/snapback]

Charley,

Order a prop from Grim. He back cuts the 1440 and cups it slightly. Jimmy Eddleman can tell you how good they work. He got one from Grim and ran it on his stk 3.5cc Lynx this past weekend. I'll let him tell you how they work.

Jimmy, have you ever had a prop any faster on a stock boat than Grims 1440?

-Carl

Hi ALL i am running the grimracer 1440 back cut and cupped and love it. so far this is the best prop that i have ran on my stk boat. i am running an os 21 on my lynx set up to the instructions and the hull performs flawless. The only thing that Carl left out is that you might need to join the AMA because mine is flying. i can hardly wait til april for the time trials to see what this puppy will do. have a good one see ya jimmy

jydracing said:
Hi ALL i am running the grimracer 1440 back cut and cupped and love it. so far this is the best prop that i have ran on my stk boat. i am running an os 21 on my lynx set up to the instructions and the hull performs flawless. The only thing that Carl left out is that you might need to join the AMA because mine is flying. i can hardly wait til april for the time trials to see what this puppy will do. have a good one see ya jimmy
82744[/snapback]

Jimmy,

I just got some more 1440's in. That prop has to be the best all around prop for The Lynx. We use a 1440 on our Stock and Modifed setup. The trick is working it a little at a time and not over doing it. The prop is sensitive to cup. Probably more so than any other prop I have ever worked. But when you get it right...It is worth all the trouble.

Grim is doing a great job of cupping and back cutting them!

-Carl

Latest posts

Back