new life to old vs-1 bound for the fire pit/lets see your bound for fire pits as well!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James montgomery

Well i have had this vs-1 for a long time was give to me by a fellow boater that used to test with use when he gave it to me it was in bad shape rotting from the inside out....didnt know what to do with it been sitting in a pile of old boats that i had bound for the fire pit... I sanded it down replaced the bad rotting wood that i could,some of the wood was striping away from the boat i pealed away the bad wood and replaced it as well....used wood filler for the holes that where n it and sand and seald it then cleared it with five thin coats of epoxy thind out and dry afyer each coat....made a new lid for the radio box and made new mounting rails for the servos....it truned out pretty good i think.....i put a nce modified k@b on complements of (john knight) for the k@bs and extra parts....i hooe it runs as good as it looks. ..i am happy wiyh how it turned out and the wife plans on running this next year if it is not to fast for her... .f it is i will put a stock k@b on it for her to run...hope u guys enjoy the pics.....it toke me awhile to rebuild her......and if u have any tunnels u have brought back to life i woupd love to see yours as well....

James

Looks good but i would recommend putting a stock motor on it .It's not a good mod motor boat .also mount the motor direct to the transom .if the hinge pin is equal to or past the rear of the sponsons it handles terrible

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my vs1 also. However the wood on the bottom of the boat is peeling off. I love the boat so much, I bought another hull to swap all my stuff over. Then I plan on repairing the damaged hull. I think they are great running boats.

Justin thats a nice looking mod boat......how well does it handle with that mod motor on it .....was built for the wife but think it will be to fast for her.....i have a dumus hotshot comeing for her and i have a plan bone stock k@b that i plan on puting on it for her....but i would love ve to see her run the vs-1 as a modified and see how she does next year with it .... Andy where did u pick up the new vs-1 at eBay? ...i have seen them there but some have said they ordered them from there and they sent money back because they where not in stock....

i know a guy that has 1 just sitting
default_rolleyes.gif

James tower hobbies has them back in stock. I love both my stock and mod. It drives like its on rails. The only thing i have found is neither one like to mill at slow speed in chop they tend to hook. I've been working on it lately and its really starting to come alive. Here is a short video of the mod running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back