New IMPBA website...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Just had a look at our new site and I gotta say what a fantastic job Marc Levac did for us!

The whole thing is very intuitive, fast and we can now fill out our sanction, membership and club forms on line!

Thanks Marc, Kevin and John for a job well done!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, great job. filled out next years membership and paid in full. :D this makes things soooo much simpler.

tim

I saw that there is limited access to those that aren't IMPBA members and yes, you need to use your real name and IMPBA number when joining.

Marc did a great job on the site but they they said, it still needs some fine tuning done but that's to be expected for as quickly as he put it together.

The site works great. Signed up and got on. The voting feature is awesome along with the registration online also. Stepping up into the future...awesome.

you need to use your real name and IMPBA number when joining

So, do first time (basically) members have to mail in the membership app.
NO. The online membership application form is available to everyone, new members or renewing members alike.

Registration to the WEBSITE is something different all together, and this is to grant you access to VOTE online. You must first be a valid, paid in full member, with your IMPBA number to register onto the site for online voting. I am checking all these manually for the time being and working off lists supplied to me, so if I don't have your name in the list as a paid in full 2010 member you will not be allowed to register to vote online. I hope to automate this in the future, but it's not as easy as it may seem.

Soon as I get an uptodate list of 2010 members I will put the online voting up. Can't do it until I can validate that all registered members are illegible voting members. We're working on it! :)

*** Also note: it is no longer a requirement to use your real name ase a USERNAME...I found a way around that...just register with whatever username you want. What is important is that you fill in the required fields in the registration form with your REAL info including names and IMPBA numbers.

Mark just for your info I have had quite a few members tell how much they like the new site and that you did a great job. Thank you from me and all of them. :)

Site looks great.. Didn't realize had to use our real names when registering for the first time.. Don't think it is mentioned on the site. Could be, but don't recall..

Ok, went back and looked. It is mentioned on the front page.. Who reads instructions? While filling out the form, the information icon states the user name is at least 3 characters and contain only 0-9, a-z, A-Z.. Will this be updated to state one must use their real names?

Also, since I'm Paid Life, just how do I renew my membership and not pay the membership fee? Online of course...

Site looks great.. Didn't realize had to use our real names when registering for the first time.. Don't think it is mentioned on the site. Could be, but don't recall..

Ok, went back and looked. It is mentioned on the front page.. Who reads instructions? While filling out the form, the information icon states the user name is at least 3 characters and contain only 0-9, a-z, A-Z.. Will this be updated to state one must use their real names?

Also, since I'm Paid Life, just how do I renew my membership and not pay the membership fee? Online of course...

I clarified this in a post just above...no longer have to register with real name as USERNAME...that's why there's no mention of it on the site anymore. All that counts is that you enter your real name and IMPBA number where it's asked in the registration form. As for renewing lifetime memberships, you will have to print out the form and mail it in. There is no provision for this online...the online form requires online payment. We could add a checkbox that credits all fees for lifetime members, but then we will have paying members checking that and that will lead to other problems. For now it's snail mail for lifetimers... sorry. *I guess you could also do it by Email to the secretary...print out the form, fill it in, scan and Email it. I will check with John see if he could change the pdf form into an active one that could be downloaded, filled in and Emailed or printed and snail mailed.

I can not log "out" or vote.. can you help me?

Grim
I probably could if I knew your name. If you're not paid up for 2010, you can't vote online. If I haven't received the info from IMPBA that you are paid up for 2010, you can't vote online. If you ARE paid up for 2010 and I have received the info from IMPBA, AND you have registered an account, you CAN vote online. :)

Shoot me a PM with your name and IMPBA number and I can let you know what's up.

If I try I can not log out.. I seem to stay loged on all the time

and it gives me a..

ERROR - You have personally reached this forms submissions limit per user!

Grim

If I try I can not log out.. I seem to stay loged on all the time

and it gives me a..

ERROR - You have personally reached this forms submissions limit per user!

Grim
If you'll permit, I will reset your password so I can test your account and report back to you. I will then PM you your new temp password...you can go change it afterwards... let me know... this is really odd and would like to check it out. BTW, you are not logged in under another user uh? The voting form tracks IP addresses...so it will only allow one vote per IP, so if you want to vote for your spouse for example, you do it on the same vote.

Back