New Gas Scale Record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lohring

Kelly Groul drove the $ Bill to a new gas scale two lap record of 25.81 seconds, nearly 3 seconds off the old record. A change to another prop promised 12 second laps, but the turn fin wasn't up to the task in the rough water. The loads on these huge boats still impresses me. This time the driver's helmet stayed on in the blow over. The boat is a Mike Luszcz frame kit with a Brian Buaas prepared 29 cc Zenoah and one of Brian's ABC 2818 props.

Lohring Miller

Congrats Kelly. My record was 26.6. so you up it by .8 seconds. good job.

Very good! Any video of the run? Are you gong to take a shot at the straight line record? I don't think there's a SAW record for gas scale yet, is there???

Thanks guys.

John, we were going off of the sheets from last time and I think Mike said it was 28.xx, that's why Lohring mentioned 3 seconds. We were hoping you were going to be there yesterday.

No video that I know of, it wasn't pretty as the water was rough from all the wind, but Lohring's boat did well in the sloppy conditions.

Kelly.

Guess I left a little to early and missed the record run, oops! Congrats Lohring and Kelly!

If the turn fin had held up we could have gone faster. Kelly made a couple of really fast half laps but the boat lost the fin twice in the second turn. Thanks, Kelly for shutting the boat off in time to stop then rowing into the bushes to get the monster back. I'll add a tow rope. I just finished a new fin and mount, all from 1/4 inch plate with a billet angle bracket. I hope I can get to a few races to see how it all works.

Lohring Miller

Back