New Futaba 2.4 Ghz System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can not use the failsafe in PPM mode.. Only in HRS or for you 3PK and 3VG users..PCM
Grim
That's not what the manual says. It states you must set it every time you turn on the radio for PPM. :unsure:
Hey Don, I just put a 3PM FASST system up on the for sale page. I am sure you want to be the first to buy it.

:)
Actually Harry I'm not against it at all. ;)
I was just teaasing, although it is interesting how heated this topic can get.

This is right off the Futaba FASST 2.4 module instruction manual (.pdf file)-How to Set the F/S Position

PPM mode only:

*HRS mode: Set the F/S function by the transmitter.

Move and hold the throttle trigger (stick) to the F/S servo

position where you want to set (slow side) then push the

tactile switch on the module.

The LED blinks green.

Note: Always set again when turning on the power.

So if you choose PPM you need to reset fail safe every time you run? :blink:
Grim,

Here is what I would like a little clarification on:

*HRS mode: Set the F/S function by the transmitter. There are no HRS 2.4ghz receivers that I am aware of, so can you set the Transmitter to the HRS Mode even though you are using the R603fs receivers???

So if you choose PPM you need to reset fail safe every time you run? Is Futaba working on a fix so that you do not have to do this?

Thank you for all your help on this!!!

Russ

Don

Everytime I look at that CAT with the Lime helmet........

I just shake my head.....

Too Funny

Best picture on this forum....

LMAO

Joe Scarpino

After watching my system work flawlessy at the pond Mike Crawford just changed over to the FASST system this morning. His response after his first run with the new system.....

I like the new radio, it just feels smoother!!!! He was running the non-FASST 3PM before, programming in the radios are identical and he noticed a difference in how his boats felt with the new radio.

Anyone that knows Mike knows that he does not make changes on a whim, heck I just got him using rechargeable batteries too :p and now a computer radio with the FASST system.....

It works guys, it works well. We are both running on 4.8v packs (I know the instructions say that 6.0v is required, but.....) I ran Wednesday for over 5 hours with my 4.8v 2100mah Ni-Mh AA packs and still no hiccups, burps, farts (ok at least the radio didn't :lol: ), nervous twitches glitches. Solid performance as I have come to expect from the system.

Bill

i ran my ts2 with the new fast last weekend up the hunter and it works great ill be useing it tomorrow two when i run at penrith. the unit itself is great its light comfortable and smoooooth!

No probs here i love it! :p :p

Back