New Futaba 2.4 Ghz System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love mine!! No more frequency pins, no more accidental interferences from other radios.....

I am running the 3PK with the 2.4ghz module and the R603FS receivers. The R603FS receivers have dual antennaes where the R603FF have only a single antenna. I have not tried the R603FF receiver so I can not speak for it, but I have not had so much as a single jitter since changing over from my standard FM system.

I also own a hobby shop with an indoor RC car track and the 2.4ghz systems are used all the time, both Spectrum and Futaba.

Bill Van Kirk

His and Hers Hobbies

Have replaced my Spektrum with it in my Bud. Also in all my RC cars. Everything works great.

I have two 3PKs for the boat and a 3pm for the cars. All are FASST. Just now selling the last of my old radios. 3PJ, 3PM non-FASST.

Last edited by a moderator:
AM and FM users.. dudes.. its a leap of faith.. and I can tell you.. you will never go back. The futaba FASST will change RC boating for all of us..

Want to make adjustemnes in the pits.. go ahead

Want to run in open water.. no proplem.. go ahead

Want to hang onto your radio so nobody drops it in the impound.. have at it..

The true value of the system is not noted untill you race it.. then and only then will it open your eyes.. WIDE OPEN

I have them in my boats.. We do lots of testing with them here. Planes boat and cars..

Its 2.4 for me from now on..

Grim

:ph34r: New Futaba 3VCS with 2.4GHZ no servoes 2 sticks Come soon in north american( Tower Hobbies) :blink: :eek: Cost around $589.00 :huh:

I have the spektrum 3.0 system and run out of range occasionally, this new Futaba sounds promising, the newer systems use 2 frequencies I hear. It was a damp rainy day yesterday and I didnt have one glitch with my system, but other times I do. They pick a clear channel when turned on but when the boat goes a couple hundred yards and receives another system operating elsewhere what happens then??

mike sr

I haven't used a 2.4 Ghz system in my boats yet but I do use a system at work almost every day. It's on a Trimble robotic total station and have had great results even as far away as 500' on a crowded job site.

I might need to step up for the boats to the new Futaba system.

-Buck-

So what do you have to do to use it with multiple boats? Do you have to buy a spacific reciever?

So what do you have to do to use it with multiple boats? Do you have to buy a spacific reciever?
Don't quote me Joe but I believe you just program the second and third receiver to the radio. Mutiples are no problem at all. Someone with more experience can explain but I know the car guys do it all the time.

Ron

That right..

Just more RXs.. i have one TX mod and 8 RXs.. they all work together..

Truth be told the Spektrum system is not near as good.. It is 2.4 but they just do not have the solid connection Futaba has. I have a hard time saying that as I do not want to start anything.. but what do you want at 70mph? Futabas system is no BS.. just a darn good working system..

Having said this.. Futaba states the range at 70M.. or about 250" best case.. got news for ya.. Its WAY better then that.. we have tested to 1/4 mile time and time again.. I have heard rumors that 2.4 does not like carbon fiber but I fly helis and with all the CF and metal to metal.. still solid.

Its a leap of faith guys.. and its well with the jump..

Grim

That right..
Just more RXs.. i have one TX mod and 8 RXs.. they all work together..

Truth be told the Spektrum system is not near as good.. It is 2.4 but they just do not have the solid connection Futaba has. I have a hard time saying that as I do not want to start anything.. but what do you want at 70mph? Futabas system is no BS.. just a darn good working system..

Having said this.. Futaba states the range at 70M.. or about 250" best case.. got news for ya.. Its WAY better then that.. we have tested to 1/4 mile time and time again.. I have heard rumors that 2.4 does not like carbon fiber but I fly helis and with all the CF and metal to metal.. still solid.

Its a leap of faith guys.. and its well with the jump..

Grim
I just purchased a 3PM for my new 20 hydro so we will see!

Another thing I found out about Futaba radio's. The 3pjs and 3pk are one in the same with just cosmetic differences. I've interchanged modules with absolutely no ill results. Can someone tell me if the latest 2.4 fast has been tried? If not, I'll take the chance.

Ron

Another thing I found out about Futaba radio's. The 3pjs and 3pk are one in the same with just cosmetic differences. I've interchanged modules with absolutely no ill results. Can someone tell me if the latest 2.4 fast has been tried? If not, I'll take the chance.
Ron

That's what I ordered. The 3PM has the FASST system built in.

Once you switch you will never go back. Ive been using them in 1/10 scale electric cars ,1/10 scale gas cars, 1/8 gas cars, nitro and gas boats for about 7 months now without a single glitch or failsafe. I will never go back.

I don't believe that the statement about the 3PJS and the 3PK being the same radio is accurate. Two differences I know of for sure are 1. The 3PK allows ten model memories and the 3PJS only 8 (both can be expanded by a campac, but the 3Pk goes to 20 and the 3PJS goes to 16) and 2. The 3PK has HRS mode where the 3PJS does not. I am not sure what other differences might exist.

That being said, I know my Spektrum worked in both, I will put my FASST system in my 3PJS and see if it works. If so, I will report that back.

I bought a 2.4 fasst 3pm system and was told by many people that was a mistake. I am not an expert in any way, but reading thru the directions it gave a max range of 80m (it states 80m near the end of the directions in the specs section). I thought that was a little funny so I called futaba to clarify this with them and they confirmmed this that is only 80m. Thats why I returned the radio. Like i said I am no expert for sure, just stating my story with the radio.

Paul

Back