new cordless starter testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmazor

New starter.JPG

I just finished new version of cordless starter using Tecumseh starter motor.
This starter is heavier (6lb, 9oz) than starter with ATV motor but more powerful at 12 Volts.
I'm not running big nitro or twin gas motors and like somebody to test this starter for 1 months free, just pay back shipping.
Starter will come with 3S, 4500 mAh Lipo battery, overnight AC charged and battery monitor.
Please let me know! Boris

View attachment 39173

I just finished new version of cordless starter using Tecumseh starter motor.

This starter is heavier (6lb, 9oz) than starter with ATV motor but more powerful at 12 Volts.

I'm not running big nitro or twin gas motors and like somebody to test this starter for 1 months free, just pay back shipping.

Starter will come with 3S, 4500 mAh Lipo battery, overnight AC charged and battery monitor.

Please let me know! Boris
I'm game Boris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Friends! I build starter with old TECUMSEH motor 6 years ago and it still work well.

I'm hoping the new motor no load will drain ~7-8 A after break in period, but it still ~40-45 A

Thanks to everybody try to help with new design of starter. The results of test - negative.

In future I'll use POLARIS (HONDA) starter motors.

A few starters ready to ship out. Boris

I must say Boris the starter works great and has no problem cranking a full mod zen. now just to see how long it will last. Also is there a way to reverse the motor so that the switch works correctly. The starter pully is mounted on the front of my zen and it is a little tricky to use it from the prear of the motor. While the starter is a bit pricey I think it is going to be well worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say Boris the starter works great and has no problem cranking a full mod zen. now just to see how long it will last. Also is there a way to reverse the motor so that the switch works correctly. The starter pully is mounted on the front of my zen and it is a little tricky to use it from the prear of the motor. While the starter is a bit pricey I think it is going to be well worth the money.
Hellow! Please let me know which complete cordless starter I can by cheaper. Thanks. Boris

I guess what I ment is all of the cordless starters are pricey. We used the starter today and it showed no signs of lossing any charge and would start the full mod zen with just a slight touch of the button. Great starter and worth the money.

I guess what I ment is all of the cordless starters are pricey. We used the starter today and it showed no signs of lossing any charge and would start the full mod zen with just a slight touch of the button. Great starter and worth the money.
Hi, Rocky! You use my regular (not experimental) starter. Several boaters around the globe use this starter with Honda (polaris starter motor) and nobody complaine! The starter working well with 3S and 4S LIPO and overperform DYNATRON at 24V battery and close to 24V model-4 but faster and lighter. Boris

I did small adapter for reversing starter with TURNIGY battery. It is eazy to make it. Boris102_1625.JPG

ANy chance of you coming out with a pulley similar to Sullivans so that it can used on NItro outboards? With your wiring adapter.
I can make almost any pulley and also reversing adapter for using to start outboard. Would you like me to do it? Boris

Back