12 V cordless starter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boris,

I'll be running nitro boats under .91 (45 and 35). I ordered one Turnigy 5000 2S 25-50 to see how it will start the boats. I will probably purchase another 5000 2S or maybe a 3S. What's your recommendation?

Thanks

Dan
Try first. I use to start gas 260 motors whit 2S battery with no problem. 45-35 nitro will start in seconds not sure about 91. Please, share your experience on IW. Boris

Last edited by a moderator:
Boris,

I love my new starter!!! Wow! Unbelievable workmanship and what a performer.

Before I purchased your starter, I was debating whether to buy one of the cheaper Chinese knockoffs. However, knowing the quality of your products (since I already own a flowmeter) and knew if I had any questions, I could ask you (which wouldn't be available with the other options). (Personnally, I was tired of buying chinese stuff, that if they had instructions, which most don't, I just could not understand what they were saying. I spent alot of my time, searching the web and trying to figure out how it worked. UGH!). I bit the bullet knowing I would be better off buying this starter. I have no regrets!

I am running nitro and purchased a Turnigy 2S 5000mah 25-50 battery. This has plenty to start my .45 engine. Boris has his battery recommendations on Page 1. These batteries have the same connections that fit on Boris's starter. No soldering or need to buy these attachments (although Boris has included some additional connections if you need them).

I purchased the outboard option, but I wasn't sure I was going to use it since I had several concerns:

• How easy would it be to change the rotation for the outboard? It couldn't be any easier with the adapter provided. Just plug it into the starter cables and plug the battery into the adapter!
  • What configuration do you need to contort your hand to push the start button? First, the overall weight is not much different than the Sullivan starter. I started the outboard by keeping my thumb on the starter button and controlling the starter by placing my little finger on the boat cowling for stability. Not a problem.
Say goodbye to my Sullivan starter.

A nice feature is the voltage monitor and alarm. Not only for the obvious use when dealing with LIPO's, but this will be real handy at races (or even when running at your pond). You'll know exactly the voltage in your pack and can change packs accordingly!

Thank you Boris, for your effort in providing high quality products for us. Knowing if there were a problem, you are willing to step in and help troubleshoot the problem, as you did in one of your earlier conversations above.

I am pleased with my purchase. Those of you out there trying to decide whether to spend the extra money for this starter, I would not hesitate buying this starter. You are getting more than just a starter!

Dan

Thanks, Dan!

This has plenty to start my 45cc engine???

[SIZE=10pt]This is a most powerful and lightest [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]cordless[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] using 12 Volt battery for belt start GAS (up to 60cc) and Nitro (up to 1.2) motors.[/SIZE]

Basic configuration: 12V ATV [SIZE=10.5pt]Starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] motor, handle, battery holder, solenoid, low voltage alarm wired ready for LIPO battery plus battery monitor. Also you can use starter with 12 V car or lawnmower batteries.[/SIZE]

All ATV [SIZE=10.5pt]starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] motor was carefully tested and break in for 1-2 hours to lower unload current below 25 A[/SIZE]

Using a solenoid to operate ~150 Amps current save push button from cooking. The low voltage alarm units connected to the battery will save the battery from deep discharging. The latest version has distributor boots (O'Reilly Auto Parts Part Number: CT512A) safety isolating all terminals.

[SIZE=10pt]The starter pulley designed to use 2L v-belt (recommended for gas motors) and popular sewing machine nylon belt for small nitro. I sell these [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]s without battery and charger! [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]100% satisfactions guarantee.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Options:[/SIZE]

Additional terminals - $2.00,

Overnight field charger for 3S LIPO battery - $10

This is a list of recommended Hobby King batteries you can order from USA warehouse.

N4500.3S.25 - Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 3S 25~50C Lipo. The best, cheapest and can start ~100 times!

N5000.3S.25 - Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo.

N6000.3S.25 - Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 3S 25~50C lipo.

T4500.3S.30F - Turnigy 4500mAh 3S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack

Also, 2S battery can be used for 26 cc gas motors and nitro motors up to .91 size

All listed batteries have the same 4 mm terminals like wired [SIZE=10.5pt]starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

The battery shipping price from US warehouse VIA priority mail $10-16.

The cost of basic configuration is $160 + shipping via FedEx Ground or priority USPS mail.

Shipping overseas cost ~ $75.

[SIZE=10pt]The few starters are ready to ship.[/SIZE]

Please use this post to order. Thanks. Boris
I still have three inboard starters ready to ship. It is possible to convert these starters to universal in/outboard starters by request. Thanks. Boris

I received mine on Friday and fired up a Sport 20 today. Really a great unit. Much better than my Sullivan Hi Tork on 12V and no battery cable to get in the way. I also have the adapter to start outboards.

JD

Today I have to start brand new 62cc chainsaw engine converted to run air prop! I use 2S 5000 mAh lipo, end engine starts in a second. This engine I even can not start with pull starter. So, I'm sure my starter will start any engine on today's market. Thank you, boaters to admire my work. Boris

Boris I would like to order a stater that will also start my outbouard motors also have a 101 cmb nitro engines.Let me know how much and what battery size you think will best fit my needs. I can send money pay-pal thanks Charlie

Boris I would like to order a stater that will also start my outbouard motors also have a 101 cmb nitro engines.Let me know how much and what battery size you think will best fit my needs. I can send money pay-pal thanks Charlie
This is a list of recommended Hobby King batteries you can order from USA warehouse.

N4500.3S.25 - Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 3S 25~50C Lipo. The best, cheapest and can start ~100 times!

Total is $195 by check or money order, $202 via Paypal. Boris

[SIZE=10pt]This is a most powerful and lightest [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]cordless[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] using 12 Volt battery for belt start GAS (up to 60cc) and Nitro (up to 1.2) motors.[/SIZE]

Basic configuration: 12V ATV [SIZE=10.5pt]Starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] motor, handle, battery holder, solenoid, low voltage alarm wired ready for LIPO battery plus battery monitor. Also you can use starter with 12 V car or lawnmower batteries.[/SIZE]

All ATV [SIZE=10.5pt]starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] motor was carefully tested and break in for 1-2 hours to lower unload current below 25 A[/SIZE]

Using a solenoid to operate ~150 Amps current save push button from cooking. The low voltage alarm units connected to the battery will save the battery from deep discharging. The latest version has distributor boots (O'Reilly Auto Parts Part Number: CT512A) safety isolating all terminals.

[SIZE=10pt]The starter pulley designed to use 2L v-belt (recommended for gas motors) and popular sewing machine nylon belt for small nitro. I sell these [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]s without battery and charger! [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]100% satisfactions guarantee.[/SIZE]

Also, 2S battery can be used for 26 cc gas motors and nitro motors up to .91 size

All listed batteries have the same 4 mm terminals like wired [SIZE=10.5pt]starter[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

The cost of basic configuration is $170 + shipping via FedEx Ground or priority USPS mail.

Bad news. I have to increase the price of starter to $170 to be able to order aluminum and parts. Also, I found the source to order 2Lx23 starting belts for $9 a piece. Thanks for understanding. Boris

The cost of basic configuration is $160 + shipping via FedEx Ground or priority USPS mail.

Bad news. I have to increase the price of starter to $170 to be able to order aluminum and parts. Also, I found the source to order 2Lx23 starting belts for $9 a piece. Thanks for understanding. Boris
Dear boaters! I have 5 more starters waiting for new owners. The price is still $170 + $15 shipping. 100% satisfaction. one year warranty. Boris

Back