• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New (but pre owned) Untouched RC Boat Co Cowls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have RCBC, McIntire and Logan parts. I've found voids in almost all of them though the largest voids are in my Logan 8200 cowl. IIRC, almost all RCBC parts have a tag identifying them as RCBC under the resin on the inside face of the part. I'd look for that on the inside.

Mike, it wasn't just the resin that made Troy's parts dark. He also used a darker cloth than anyone else. Not sure where he got it from or who made it. I believe he used West Systems epoxy as he told me one time that he was looking at raising his prices due to the cost of the epoxy he used. Back then, WS was one of the most expensive epoxies around and, as anyone that uses it knows, the hardeners do darken with age

Last edited by a moderator:
These were my cowlings exactly as received from Steve. They are the very first he pulled from a brand new mold when he first completed his "t6" molds years ago. The boat pictured is the second hull pulled from the same set. Steve wanted to keep the first for himself. I chose to modify the hull and build the version you see here which is why I did not need the cowls he had provided at the time. Both the hull and the cowls had very large voids and other such imperfections which I took to be par for the course as it was the first such new parts I had ever purchased.

Bill was doing me a great favor by selling these only because I didn't want to be bothered, and here we are.

The last thing I would want is hard feelings from anyone involved. I will personally and immediately refund the purchase price and include return shipping costs if that is what is desired. A replacement cowling, that will be similar I'm certain, can be had from Steve himself for $98 plus shipping.

Lastly... I consider Steve a friend though we've never met. He has worked with me now on many occasions and I find him to be one of the most upright people I know. Yes I do a lot of fill work and often other mods to parts received, but he provides a much needed service to our hobby and I appreciate him very much.

Scott Meyers

20170825_120401.jpg

Are you sure that was RCBCO? Looks more like the dark brown from Troy McIntire. I don't remember Steve ever having anything that dark. I know troy is long since gone but he had a lot of stuff that dark because o the resin he used.
Mike, as long as I've known you and you actually question me regarding this? I am truly bothered by the thought you would question my integrity in a sale. I'll just leave it there.

Bill Brandt

The T6 cowl that I received from Bill was definitely from RC Boat Company as it has the logo in the glass. It arrived safely as packed by Bill. I have had many transactions with Bill and they have always been great. I think he is really one of the people that help the hobby.

Chris Capaldi

Chris, I'm happy things went smooth for you. I hope you can understand my disappointment with the shipping damage and flaws in the layup. The only reason I questioned the maker is because it looked different from the website and the quality wasn't nearly as good or labeled like the T4 cowl I have from RC Boat Co.. Steve's neighbor Robert and Mike had similar thoughts on the matter. Don't think an apology is due for expressing an opinion.

Scott, I appreciate the offer but after sleeping on it I decided to keep it. It was for a future project but if it doesn't happen I'll probably give it to somebody local to help build the class.

IMG_1635.JPG

Are you sure that was RCBCO? Looks more like the dark brown from Troy McIntire. I don't remember Steve ever having anything that dark. I know troy is long since gone but he had a lot of stuff that dark because o the resin he used.
Mike, as long as I've known you and you actually question me regarding this? I am truly bothered by the thought you would question my integrity in a sale. I'll just leave it there.

Bill Brandt
Bill I wasn't questioning you. I was just saying the dark glass work reminded me of Troy's work. I didn't mean to make sound like I was questioning you.

Back