New board ideas!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

I have a couple ideas I'd like to throw out and Let's hear what your ideas are also.

An integrated chat system:

Invision Board people also have a hosted chat service. We have enough money for it in our budget for a year of service (roughly $100) It will be integrated meaning your logon username/password for the forum is the same for the chat. See the demo chat here: http://www.invisionchat.com/?demo It has smilies, sounds, change colors.... might be a pretty cool idea?

A Beginner forum? It is a very popular forum at http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/for...php?forumid=283

Let's hear your ideas and what do you think of these ideas?

Spinchat, www.spinchat.com has a free chat room that should be able to be attached in here. An active chat room could be fun, Jim's RCBD has one and every night it is busy. There have been times when they've had upwards of 25 people in there at once.

A Beginners area is good to an extent, my name is all over the place in RCZone. The problem in there is that the same old questions get asked in there every few months, Newbies don't seem to want to look further back in the site to see if what they want to know hasn't been done to death already.

come on guys! lets hear more of this....

what ya think of the chat idea..... i thought for sure you guys would like that!

Chat room sounds great.. What about a sport 40 forum and a 1/8 scale forum to go along with the tunnel forum (hope I don't get beat up for that one) :p That will bring over the rest of the people from that other site ..

I think the villian section should merge into outboard section. More new sections should be open like gas boat section, outrigger section and scale hydro section. A section specifically for engines would be nice too. Chat board? sone people like them and some never use them (I am the latter case), but Tom if you want to go ahead on the chat section please check and make sure your ISP does not charge on extra traffic and bandwidth.

I agree with the above posts on there being a Sport 40 and Scale Unlimited forum for two reasons. When there are more than 12 posts in a day, I have to scroll to additional pages. A small complaint but I thought that I would bring it up. And, I do check this site more than once a day since I joined this week.

I have quit posting on the other listbot (quitting was my last post) although I do view. I would prefer to eliminate that listbot all together as I have plenty each day already. Check out their post numbers and see if you feel additional forums are warranted.

Thank you very much. I will be watching for now.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

President - Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

Sorry, I did not realize that I had not signed in.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

President - Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

hummm..... maybe a poll question to validate the intrest in the sport 40 and 1/8 scale forums.... should they be 1 forum or one for each?

the chat is a hosted solution, bandwidth included.... not part of the forums bandwidth

This site became THE premiere site for OB tunnels, then this past year THE place for us that have a place in our Hearts for the little .12 powered boats. The electric people moved in here like gangbusters after their disappointment with their "other" site.

The question is Tom, how big do you want this site to be?

:rolleyes: It would be nice to see a forum for Sport 20 hydros. :unsure: The little brother to the Sport 40 class and as much fun, if we had a way to keep topics pertictular to the 20 class and not get over shadowed by the big brother. <_< Scott

TomMoorehouse said:
hummm..... maybe a poll question to validate the intrest in the sport 40 and 1/8 scale forums.... should they be 1 forum or one for each?
the chat is a hosted solution, bandwidth included.... not part of the forums bandwidth
I think that you can add a Scale hydro/Sport hydro forum we had many interesting topics relating to scale and sport boats. I think combining the two is a good idea since one is closely related to the other. PHIL THOMAS

I will go with Phils' request on combining Sport and Scale as one forum. If on down the road there are a lot of posts that warrant a change. ........then thats a problem I am sure Tom would not mind having.

Al Waters

Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

Adding scale and sport 40 would be a great addition to this site.

They are the largest classes in District ! I believe.

Tim

I took part in a live chat for the first time this weekend. Never thought I would, but it was fun and there was a lot of information happening right in front of you.

I would love to see a chat room developed. Is this going to happen?

Tom, any word on the chat room? Has this been discussed any further?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I really like the idea! I just might do it because it is easily within our budget thanks to our donors :D

but i really have not god a lot of people asking for it or saying (as my son would) Who wants a chat board? Me Me Me!!!

Latest posts

Back