new abc props pitch profile

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom v.d Brink

i have been wondering and rather puzzled at the newer abc series props i have measured a few of them and they all did the same/similar thing over the pitch profile.

at the LE it would have a nice pitch then go up a little in the next .125 step but then the blade will drop in pitch again drastically in some occasions to a lower pitch then the LE.

then it will go up again to finish in a nice cupped area.

some props in the xx18 xx21 series have incredible amounts of cup compared to the LE or the middle part.

then that middle part will run at a constant pitch for most of the blade.

compared to octura props i have measured the octura props will start at a low pitch then just progress to their final pitch. i haven't seen octura's dropping in pitch value over the blade but i have seen that keep a constant pitch for a while.

so why do the abc's not progress all the way through?

does that higher pitched leading edge do anything or is it all lost when you come to the lower pitched middle section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

I hadn't noticed that before, so I just measured a 3020 and you are right, the pitch does reduce before the cup starts at the TE. :blink: I have never seen that before. Maybe it is to reduce the load on the engine?

Ian.

Could you guys post here when you find out the scoop so Jim doesn't get bomberded with phone calls asking the same question.

Latest posts

Back