New .15 Kid on the block ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Perez

I'm in the middle of making this thing boat friendly. This engine is going to haul some serious rear-end...

Let's see what 1.3 HP will do in a 2lb boat...

Hi Eric,

Pretty flash looking piece of gear. Is that the 180degree header for the motor or from somewhere else? Looks like the go for a lot of rear exhaust engines.

GT 8)

Traxxas 2.5. Nice! Will the the head and waterjacket from the Pro .15 work on it?

Traxxas is doing the R&D on the marine version as we speak! There will be a water cooled head and a marine 180 header. The shaft will be like the std crank on the Mugen. The threaded portion of the shaft is actually a 5mm grub screw. The rest is still up in the air

The 2.5 engine with the screw insert shaft is still not available and the marine engine is even farther out.

My plan is to use a 5mm smooth bore flex-hex and just cut me a little notch on the IPS shaft for the set screw to sit against.

The other plan is to get a large 1/4-20 flex hex and tap it to fit on the Traxxas IPS threads.

The header on the picture is the one for the Associated NTC3 -it just got modified to clear the pull start and some heat-sink fins on the case.

The 2.5 uses 5 screws to secure the head and not even the screws from the TRX15-PRO will fit the new 2.5 engine.

Nice little motor for a little boat.

Matter of fact, I was in my LHS and they just got that 2.5 motor in. with pullstart, Seems to be the hottest motor out for the trucks, Course I found that my OS can handle and LOVES 40% boat fuel in the maxx.

But dammit, seems to be breaking them unbreakable A-arms. not once, twice.

good luck with the boat.

that pro .15 is NOT a bad engine once ported, case and sleeve, turbo cut crank, will run with a crx, but not even close to a cvrx.

Back