• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

needle adapter for mac 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Hey guys, I have needle adapters ready to be shipped. Slick part made to mount a Voilet needle directly to the carb body of a mac 21 engine. 28.00 includes shipping in US. I cannot take paypal, so moneyorder is the only option. I will send out as soon as m/o arrives.

I will only take orders Over my email. I will not accept orders off this site. It will keep things straight as far as who gets them and so on.

Email: [email protected]

Thanks, Bob Tuttle 276 B)

P.S. You will need to get a Bob Violet needle to make this awesome set up work

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine - it's 1st rate!

Downside is it doesn't fit the black 9mm CMB carb I have! I should have checked it I guess. Anyone know if a Mac carb will fit a NovaRossi?

Tim.

Tim,

the Mac and Novarossi have the same carb neck. Is that an older CMB carb you're having trouble making it work with?

seems like the spray bar might not be long enough on the older CMB .21 carbs

CMB also makes their own stock carb adapter/ 3rd needle that Tony Grinter should be able to get for ya.

Hey guys, This is a part we designed to fit a MAC21 I have no way of knowing what other carbs it might fit. If you want one, PLEASE.... email me@ [email protected]

I will not take orders from THIS site. Thanks, Bob

Tim,

I did some additional checking and this is what I came up with:

needle.JPG

the one on the left is Bob's needle and the one on the right is the stock CMB needle

Bobs needle will fit the CMB Greenhead Outboard Carb and Mac Outboard Carb and Mac Inboard carb.

The CMB carbs that have the stop screw will not work with this needle only the ones with the keeper ring will work.

I guess I learned that all CMB carbs are not created equal....hope I didnt get you pointed in the wrong direction Tim :(

KB,

Yeah mine is a "red head" carb.

Oh well - Guess I need another carb if I want to use the parts I have accumulated.

Anyone have a MAC21 or a greenhead carb they will part with "cheap" I've sunk too many dollars into this now!

Tim

Tim why not just have some one machine you a piece that will fit your carb . This is why having a small lathy and mill in your shop is the only way to go. Scott

I have made carb end for K&B , D&J and others that work with the OS remote needle for years.

Scott,

Yeah - I thought about that. It could be an option. Can anyone tell me what the thread size is on the BVM needle?

I'd love to have my own lathe and mill and will do that one day. The problem is I keep spending the money on boats and motors when I have it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: At the moment it just isn't a viable option - I can get whatever I need machined a lot cheaper than buying a lathe / mill.

Tim.

Thread's a 1/4 x 28.

It did not fit my CMB Greenhead .21 either so I'm gonna put it on my MAC O/B as it was designed for.

Guys, I have 4 adapters left and have no plans to make more so if you want one jump on it! Bob B)

Back