Need some help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through 3 Durbo fuel pumps last year with the locking problem. Broken gears or would not pump, went back to the 6 shooter and no problems. Try the pipe at 10 1/4

Brad

If memory serves me right it uses all the fuel in the first tank and 2-3 oz out of the second tank. I have used this system for years with good results. I use to use Hayes tanks but had to switch to dubro the tanks use a clunk and I cut the hose so the clunk sits in the middle bottom of the tank

Shane, Robert/mike question/input is the right direction your tanks need to be replumbed internally to where your fuel pickup is located in the left rear corner with at least 1/8" clearance from tube end .The clunker in the middle and not stationary is sucking air, you want see it until your on the second tank! the clunker works if 180 deg. to rear left corner. The brass tube set up is way better Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found some Hayes tanks on EBay Im going to try these and replace the bearings and put an auto bailer in the hull. Im sure this will take care of the problem

I went through 3 Durbo fuel pumps last year with the locking problem. Broken gears or would not pump, went back to the 6 shooter and no problems. Try the pipe at 10 1/4

Brad
Brad.. change out the flat rubber washer with a 1/16" Viton Oring.. I do this before I use the pump... The MPI is a good pump but some of those dont allow lash adjustment.

I found that the mechanical pumps have a set screw behind the label. If you back it off the pump will turn. Then turn it in till the pump pumps. The pumps I have then worked.

Try a bigger single tank just to see? Have like a 10 or 12 ounces you can stick in it to see? Check your fuel lines. I had an issue many moons ago with fuel tubing that had a cut somehow inside the line. At times it would flap over and disrupt flow. Once pressure went away, the little cut piece would fall back in place and go undetected. I spent 3 or 4 trips to the lake to discover this after I changed out all of the fuel tubing. Once the new tubing worked, I flow tested the old lines to see what the heck because there were no blockages. Then all of a sudden flow would change drastically. Finally saw the spot in the line.

I'd suspect bearings after that.

Im going to nip all 3 in the butt. Fuel tanks bearings and water intrusion. Fuel lines are both new on both boats.

If it was the bearings going bad in the motor you would be poping glow plugs the tiny bearing particles would burn the glow plugs out I am like the other guys you have tank problems

Back