Need some help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawdaddy

I need some radio help. I just went to the LiFe batteries and I am running a R143F RX, The problem is that I keep burning up the TH and 3rd CH servos. I don't mean they quit working I mean they start to smoke as soon as the power is turned on. I was running a lipo in the boat but wanted to save a little weight. The servos are HS 81's. Can someone give me some ideas that might be causing this to happen. Is 6.6 volts to much for those servos? If so, what servo should I go to that is the same size as the mounts are glassed in place. Thanks for any and all help with this problem. Ryon Shaw

hi ryon

ive been using 603fs rx zippy life 6.6 v batteries i run all hs82mg hitec servos for my 3rd ch and throtle

and 5645 and 5955tg for steering

even using the zippys in my tx 4pk

not familiar with your rx

so far no issues all good

cheers rick

If you said LIPO you have your answer. A fully charged 2S lipo is 8.4v. and stays above 8v for a while. Even a fully charged LIFE can be close to 7v but returns to 6.6 in a hurry. UBEC cures it all.

Since it was brought up I have shyed away from digital servos not knowing if mixing with analog will harm things. If your radio is set for normal analog servos does it affect digital servo's?

Mic

Mic i have digital throttle and steering servos on one of my Twins and a regular BB servo or 3rd ch. i use a 6.6 Lipo from tower and the remote is on regular mode and i have no issues at all. if i change the 3rd ch servo to a digital then i can go to HRS mode and take advatange of the digital servos..

i also have another Twin that just has a Digital steering servo and the rest are High torque servos and same thing no issues here. i use a futaba 3pk with lipo batteries and Lipo bateries on my Twins also.

i have even use a lipo batteries on my Twin 21 and they are all regular servos and no issues with the 6.6v lipo battery..

mixing digital and standard analog servos i have no issues so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing has changed other than the battery. I went to these to get away from all the wires and regulator. I guess I will get one an put it back in to drop it to 6 volts.

Be careful with a cheap regulator. You loose it..... you loose the boat. I have seen many relgulators fail, Some lakes are more forgiving than others......

Nothing has changed other than the battery. I went to these to get away from all the wires and regulator. I guess I will get one an put it back in to drop it to 6 volts.
Hi, Ryon! I can send you a perfect regulator. Proven quality >100 times. Boris

Use you LiFe battery for not good HS-81 ( cook overheat throught water) another HS-82 ( sometime burn out) another improve better HS-85 ( run use most average 2 to 3 yrs then dont work ) Impantant set up program " PPM " mode for non digital . If you turn on " HRS " mode will all non digital servos cook overheat " buzzzzzz" Hope to solve problem

Ryon, I do not think voltage is your problem...I have run striaght LiPO's with NO regulator for years and have never hurt a peice of radio equipment. I have toasted two servos when I was putting my new 45 boat together because the TX switched to the HRS mode...I have no idea why it switched. And i was using a regular 6 V niCad pack when it did it.

Hope you get it figured out!

GQ

Back