Need some help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Muro

Supporting Member
Hello all I have built along with my firend a 21 Fir Fighter rigger. We went to the lake today with little success, Does any one have some input on a starting poit for this boat We are running 1450 props and our strut is 7/8 from bottom of boat to bottom of strut. We are running 21 NR's which seem to want to go but something in the set up is holding it back any input will be greatly appreciated. Jerry

I think your strut is to deep and it drives the front down! My sons F/F is 3/4 with 1/2 deg negative angel, on the strut.

the left rear sponsor is 1/8 higher then the strut and the right is 1/16 and 1 deg AOA ,the front sponsors can be 3 to 4 deg AOA . Try a H4, H7, 1445, a 1450 cut to 46mm, and 50x69 props.

this is my sons F/F http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2ltho1w

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Nick I will set up and try it like you have it.

Ray it launches and runs but it hops and jumps not smooth and consitance. I now it will go but just need some help with a set up. Cold weather and tweaking do not go hand and hand. So any info you can give will be great. By the way were you able to put Steves Whiplash back together?

sounds like nick is on the right path for what could be wrong. the directions do give some basic setup info that might help.

tom

Latest posts

Back