NEED SET UP HELP FOR THE EAGLE SG21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norm j

HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE A EAGLE SG21 THAT I NEED SOME SET UP HELP WITH,HERE ARE THE STATS

STOCK ENG. 50% NITRO FUEL,AB QUITE PIPE,1445 PROP 3.4 CUP,HOW ARE YOU SG PEOPLE RUNNING THESE? HOW LONG IS YOUR PIPE?,STRUT DEPTH AND ANGLE? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE?

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME

NORM J

FMBC

GLMBC

HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE A EAGLE SG21 THAT I NEED SOME SET UP HELP WITH,HERE ARE THE STATS

STOCK ENG. 50% NITRO FUEL,AB QUITE PIPE,1445 PROP 3.4 CUP,HOW ARE YOU SG PEOPLE RUNNING THESE? HOW LONG IS YOUR PIPE?,STRUT DEPTH AND ANGLE? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE?

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME

NORM J

FMBC

GLMBC
What kind of your.21engine?

Norm,

1445 or H-4 @ 3.21" cup or 3.3" of cup to start with, no more is needed until you get

some run time on the boat. Set boat as per Andy's set up that came with the boat.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
MARK, I BOUGHT THE BOAT USED WITH NO SET UP INSTRUCTIONS, ALLEN, ITS A MAC 21 MOTOR

THANKS

NORM J

Norm,

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will ship you a copy of the set up

on that boat. MAC 21 motor set the pipe @ 8" to start.

Norm,

Not true the 21 SG is still a very popular boat and still wins a lot of

races throughout the world. Andy and John have a lot of them out there,

you can call or email CMDi and I am sure they will send you copy of the

set up sheet. I cannot find mine right now.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Email: [email protected]

MARK, I BOUGHT THE BOAT USED WITH NO SET UP INSTRUCTIONS, ALLEN, ITS A MAC 21 MOTOR

THANKS

NORM J
Best Brown .21 fat parabolic than .21regular thin parabolic Set up 8 inches then adjust down short - 1/4 inches it will be fast I have to sell my .21 Fat Parabolic pipe Ask to sell $60.00 shipped ;)

ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY INPUT? IT LOOKS LIKE, NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE RUN THESE ANYMORE

BUMMER

NORM

ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY INPUT? IT LOOKS LIKE, NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE RUN THESE ANYMORE

BUMMER

NORM
Mine ran well with MAC .21 and CMDI short pipe @ 8 inches. Liked reduced dia. H-7 props. Best was cupped to 3.5, with 60% fuel. Ran on center and out side shoes. No toe in on front sponsons.Mine tracked the best with the strut almost flat. Richard D

HEY RICH, HOW FAR DOWN WAS THE STRUT,FROM THE REAR EDGE OF TRANSOM?

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

NORM J

HEY RICH, HOW FAR DOWN WAS THE STRUT,FROM THE REAR EDGE OF TRANSOM?

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

NORM J
Norm, i used a digital level to set the strut depth.When my boat was level, the front of the strut was resting in the bottom of the center shoe. Mine didnt like much strut angle running reduced dia H-7 props, because the H-7S had enough lift in them, that little or 0 strut angle was needed. yOU can test with H-4 stock dia, H-7 reduced to 46mm, and Octura 1445 stock dia. Have fun, Richard D

I personally run a SG single shoe boat. I have run it with the MAC/3280/1445 3.4 setup. I was running the pipe at 7 3/4 to 7/8. It hauls ass but I was having trouble with being consistant on the pipe. I have since swithced back to the NOVA SS/Square pipe/1450 mod that I used to run and have been were happy to bring the boat back to the beach each time.

Mike

The strut should be level with the rear shoe or shoes. That boat came 3 ways. First with 2 outer shoes, second with 1 center shoe, and than finally with all 3 shoes. 0 to 1 degree angle. Go from there.

Mike

Norm & Others,

A stock MAC-21 with a 1445 is a great set up, just don't run more than

3.21" to 3.33" of cup on the Trailing Edge of the propeller. Andy won

the Worlds with 3.33" of cup on one of his 1445's. The MAC-21 was set up

for RPM not torque. If you want to play with a shorter pipe setting you may

want to reduce the cup even more.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Norm & Others,

A stock MAC-21 with a 1445 is a great set up, just don't run more than

3.21" to 3.33" of cup on the Trailing Edge of the propeller. Andy won

the Worlds with 3.33" of cup on one of his 1445's. The MAC-21 was set up

for RPM not torque. If you want to play with a shorter pipe setting you may

want to reduce the cup even more.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund
Norm, another thing you can do, is restrict water flow to your motor. Put a .040 water outlet in the water jacket. Make sure motor is set rich on the beach, before launch. You will burn more fuel this way, instead of trying to build heat by leaning the mixture so much. More fuel burned = more power. Just one more piece to the puzzle. If you want to test a short pipe, less prop cup set-up on a Mac or Valvola. dont overlook the CMDI fat pipe. Richard D

Back