new gas eagle sgx set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

set up new gas eagle

• strut angle and depth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • why wont my tuned pipe get hot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john bass

help my new eagle is a little on the slow side...11 pounds with fuel race ready...ccracing beast engine..2170 s&b 7.0 cup...i need suggestions on strut angle and depth...boat radars at 71mph...shoud it not be faster?????...also my tuned pipe is not getting hot even after 8 laps???

too much prop,not too heavy, pipe probably gets quit a bit of spray to cool it, 71 isn't bad if it drives good and will run tight on the bouys.

thats more of a straightaway prop for a smaller(or undersize) hull. pipe itself isnt sposed to get hot.

a nuetral or 1/2* positive will loosen the hull for that prop if u must run it.

look up andy brown hes on here. he will get u straight

Try a stock ABC 2717/2 cleaver it will let that eng rev. also use a hot pipe it has no flat band it will let it rev.

Most SGX boat set up the same. put .100 shim under the rear shoes when it on the table. this should make the top of the tub level.

Then set the back of the strut on the table with a 1 1/2 deg angle on it.

Leave the fronts as built to start.

David

john bass here ...thanks for all the tips...will try them tomorrow...next race tis weekend in west palm beach florida...thjis will be my second try wish me luck

john bass out

thanks for the offer of help...i am hungry for the knowlege ...looking forward to meeting you...i will be in delray early friday morning...look foe my blue dodge neon and my yelloy and black eagke....thanks again...john bass out

HEY GUYS ALL YOUR TIPS WORKED!!!!!!!ONE SMALL PROBLEM...CRASHED THE BOAT THIS MORNING...SO I WILL NOT BE AT THE PALM BEACH RACE...SO SORRY......WILL FIX EVERY THING BY THE NEXT RACE AT THE RIVERVIEW .....SEE WHY I NEED A DRIVER...HA..HA JOHN BASS OUT AND THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP

would never know it was in three pices yesterday.

2818 barcut rocks.

Now stay away from the bouys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to drive it for you too.

David

John,

I think you have too much propeller diameter on that set up.

Try a smaller diameter and let us know how this works.

Eagles do not like huge propellers. Keep the diameter reasonable.

Have Fun,

Mark

what a weekend...david thanks for all your help....and yes i will drive at riverview...at least on open water day.....and if the racers around say i can remove my rookie stripes i will get withe the program....just have to pull that triger!!!!!!i feel like i am sitting in the door of my chopper with my 60 cal....fun to pull the trigger...ha...ha....rookie john out...ps no more talk about the pit snafuuu.....

what a weekend...david thanks for all your help....and yes i will drive at riverview...at least on open water day.....and if the racers around say i can remove my rookie stripes i will get withe the program....just have to pull that triger!!!!!!i feel like i am sitting in the door of my chopper with my 60 cal....fun to pull the trigger...ha...ha....rookie john out...ps no more talk about the pit snafuuu.....
What I can't talk about how you thew my boat in then went back to the tent leaving me on the stand to run the race by myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are infamous now. -_-

Great story that will be told for many a year. :wub:

You have taken the crown from the Great throw the boat in upside down Andy . :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I can't talk about how you thew my boat in then went back to the tent leaving me on the stand to run the race by myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are infamous now. -_-

Great story that will be told for many a year. :wub:

You have taken the crown from the Great throw the boat in upside down Andy . :lol: :lol:
Ha! Someone did that to me last season. I was like well, I guess Im not going to have a time for this round :lol:

Brian

OK IF THAT IS WHERE I START AS A RETURNIG R/C BOATER....I CAN ONLY GET BETTER...HA...HA....HEY DAVID I FOUND A CRACKED BOOM TUBE ON THE LEFT REAR...I AM SURE THAT HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THE EVIL HANDLING THAT THING WAS FLEXING LIKE CRAZY......FITTING NEW BOOM TUBES TODAY WILL CALL YOU LATER..OOPPS I DID IT.....ROOKIE JOHN OUT

Back