Need info& pic on riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

Hi guys. Ok I'm working on a project rigger and I'm scratch building it and I need to know some info on them?? Like the sponsons tubes? are they hollow alum? or do some guys use carbon fiber ones?? Should the sponsons be adjustable? Plus the rear triplets.I realy need info on set up a rigger. Any info and advice is very appeciated. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
do you know what hull? what motor will you be using? these would help get better help/info........

If you go to the photo Gallery you can view photos of just about every part of an outrigger.

Yes the tubes are hollow.

Yes some people use carbon fiber tubes.

Yes the boom tubes should be adjustable in the tub.

I don't know what your refering to as a "rear triplets".

-Buck-

:)

You should really try building from Plans or a Kit for your first build, Yes a scratch built will run but it will be some time or very lucky guesstimates before it runs good.

Paul

Grab one of Toms. FF21 kits with hardware , any nice 21 & it will go very well.... and the kits are a snap to glue together.

nice instructions.

Jase

I'm planning to run.18 or .21 in it? Whats the adverage width on the tubs on the rigger??

The Plans will say how wide for the rigger you are building. You should really think about this a little more , The boats look like there is nothing to them but to design one without any background in riggers would like I said before be very hard ( atleast if performance is desired). Spend a couple bucks and buy a plan or get a free plan , there are free plans here on this forum.

Paul

http://new.intlwaters.com/FreePlans/firefighterboats.htm

If you notice the free plans note some work and some dont, this took years of work to make the final/current designs. I would assume most designers went thru the same ups and downs.

The Plans will say how wide for the rigger you are building. You should really think about this a little more , The boats look like there is nothing to them but to design one without any background in riggers would like I said before be very hard ( atleast if performance is desired). Spend a couple bucks and buy a plan or get a free plan , there are free plans here on this forum.
Paul
I cant agree with Paul enough on this one... They arent just a bunch of sticks stuck together. Atleast build from plans, if not a kit.

~James

Back