Need help with CMB 45 HR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First race of B hydro in the lead and hauling the mail. It stuffed in turn 3/4 for no reason front of the boat just went down. Thought I hit a hole in the water. Got her back... After Greg ran over it then Doug ran over Greg... :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink: . Yes was a sh*t show LOL. The engine felt like it was full of water but when I removed the plug no water and then I noticed the collet had spun off never a good sign. Put two holes in the case the big end went right through the bottom of the case the rest through the side. You can see on the side of the beam where the big end came around and hit it pushing it through the side and she stopped when the big end pushed through the case stopping the engine.

Honest it was an accident, a case to simply too many dead boats in the same corner and too many instructions being shouted from too many people, I'm back in repair mode anyway, I should have just taken your boat from you Kevin and returned it repaired for Calgary in two weeks, I will have to remember that for next time, hoping that there isn't another next time, if memory serves the B Hydro class has been really unkind to you over the years Kevin, it shows commitment coming back repeatedly or quite possibly we should all be committed for a 24 hour evaluation for mental stability, what you think?

Greg

Here's the case.

Greg was one of the funiest races I've been in. Yes you had a few boats to dodge but when Doug ran over you it was a classic "rubber boot wearing freaks" material for the highlite reals.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks to me as if the engine stopped first. Then the prop acted as a brake, forcing the nose underwater. No water in the engine means the engine was not running when it went under.

Now you have something to do before the next race in Calgary.

I'll see you there, or will there be a 40 Hydro class with you, Greg and Doug out?

The rubber boot wearing freaks should all be back in business by Calgary even with all the crashing going on, other than Kevin needing a new 45, there was surprisingly little damage to all the boats involved.

I should have my JAE 45 finished and ready to race. I might even have a 67 JAE ready to go. She's painted, engine and hardwares mounted just need to get booms and electrics installed.

Tank should be here this week. Mark's JAE 45 will be done, just need to pick up some booms and mount them and mine should be done too and yes Al I've just to shoot some clear on my 67 and it will be ready for Calgary.

See you there

Brad

Kevin,

I had a HR 45 break in the same spot. But the motor had been in the boat when it tangled with the shoreline destroying the left sponson(never take your eyes off your boat for any reason even for a second). Then after the hull was rebuilt we ran a race in some rough water. Stuffed the boat once.

When the rod went on mine it was idling on the stand Joe Weibelhaus and I were putting the cowl on and it stopped and the collet spun-off (never a good sign). Joe's face said it all( What the h_ll was that). I said game over this round.

My guess is the rod was stressed or engine was hydrauliced at one time.

It's the only 45 HR I have damaged in 3 years.

Bert Dygert

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back