NCAA NEEDS TO RETHINK MARCH MADNESS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With the East Bracket being held in CHARLOTTE, N.C:

• Total voters

Hydro Junkie

Something is fishy in CHARLOTTE, N.C. How is it that UNC was given the first two rounds in what amounts to home games and then played virtually error free ball for two games? I was reading on one the the reports that UNC was out-fouled something like 50 to 10 combined against Washington AND Long Island. Another one that was noted in several reports is that a clock error was made by the officials at the end of the Washington game, was pointed out to the officials and not corrected. Also, how is it one official can call three times as many fouls in a game as the other? In my opinion, UNC should not have made it into the next round and, JUST LIKE THE SEAHAWKS IN THE SUPERBOWL, was at least one official was biased? You tell me.........................

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to disagree...

That is kinda how the NCAA tournamet bids work.... There are four #1 seeds, four #2 seeds, four #3 seeds.... I think you get it. From a reigonal standpoint they "try" and keep the higher seeds in there local area (relitive terms).

Where should have sent them? If I recall the locations for the games is determinded well before the teams are picked. It also has alot to do with money. NCAA has better chance of making more money if it's "easy" for big market teams to travel. The closer they are to "home" the more tickets they are going to sell...

Later,

Mike

I didn't watch the Washington game because my Boilers were getting throttled.

3 seed Purdue and 2 seed Notre Dame played less than 2 hours away from home in Chicago and were both eliminated by higher seeds.

I guess what I am getting at is a home game is the same officials and same building, take those two away and you could play next door and it is no advantage.

And how about 'little 'ol VCU? You remember .... the team that some "experts" said didn't even deserve a play in round? The same team that has now kicked the asses of the "big boy" conferences- Pac-10, Big East, Big Ten, ACC, and last night the number one seed from the Big 12. Yeah baby, GO VCU!!! B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back