NAVIGA World Champs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still wanna go Buck.
wacko.gif
I know huh. :lol:

I did notice when I switched to 2.4 this year that there is an option for a European 2.4 setting (I think).

Buck
If its a Futaba FASST module/system/radio then the "other setting" is for France as they use a different selection of frequencies on the 2.4 band. To my knowledge all Futaba 2.4GHz systems is on the same output and is ok for European use. It needs to be marked with the right CE markings though otherwise it cant be used.

With that said its other brand of 2.4 systems available that are marked with "CE" but have too much output anyway for European use... At least the non frequency hopping ones.

I normally run on 27 when I am somewhere other than North America. The host may or may not allow 2.4. At the 2008 World Championships in Italy, 2.4 was not allowed. No 75, ever, outside North America. The frequencies allowed will be listed on the entry form.

You must enter on four different frequencies and you should expect to change frequencies at some time. Also, your crystals will be checked to make certain that they are on the specific frequency that you entered. If you have some sloppy crystals that hit more than one channel, your radio will not be accepted.

Your boats and radios will be inspected to make certain they are acceptable. Once they are accepted, a sticker is placed on the boat and only boats with stickers are allowed to race. If your boat is judged to be unsafe, it will not be allowed to race.

Lots and lots of rules. But because you have so many people coming from so many different places, things must be controlled at all times.

One thing that has always bothered me is that while the radios and boats are inspected, many boaters camp right at the race site and no one is monitoring whether or not any radios are turned on near the pond.
Hi Al,

Did you go to the EC/GP/warm-up in Hungary this year?

/Niklas

I normally run on 27 when I am somewhere other than North America. The host may or may not allow 2.4. At the 2008 World Championships in Italy, 2.4 was not allowed. No 75, ever, outside North America. The frequencies allowed will be listed on the entry form.

You must enter on four different frequencies and you should expect to change frequencies at some time. Also, your crystals will be checked to make certain that they are on the specific frequency that you entered. If you have some sloppy crystals that hit more than one channel, your radio will not be accepted.

Your boats and radios will be inspected to make certain they are acceptable. Once they are accepted, a sticker is placed on the boat and only boats with stickers are allowed to race. If your boat is judged to be unsafe, it will not be allowed to race.

Lots and lots of rules. But because you have so many people coming from so many different places, things must be controlled at all times.

One thing that has always bothered me is that while the radios and boats are inspected, many boaters camp right at the race site and no one is monitoring whether or not any radios are turned on near the pond.
Hi Al,

/Niklas
Hi Niklas,

No I did not go to Hungary this year. I would have liked to attend, but I spent too much time getting the A/A engines going. I spent some time in Europe, but it was visiting the Rossi Factory to get the engines lined out.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Hungary this year. Who will be running hydros from Sweden?

I plan to be in the 3 hydro classes running A/A engines.

I hope to see you there.

Al

Hummmm. That means there will be an A/A motor bigger than .45 at least prototyped by then........Cool. :)

-Buck-

Yes, I expect to have an A/A 67 and an A/A 84 available this coming summer. Hopefully a 90 size A/A will follow next Fall.

A lot depends on how well they are accepted by the boaters.

Hi Al,

/Niklas
Hi Niklas,

No I did not go to Hungary this year. I would have liked to attend, but I spent too much time getting the A/A engines going. I spent some time in Europe, but it was visiting the Rossi Factory to get the engines lined out.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Hungary this year. Who will be running hydros from Sweden?

I plan to be in the 3 hydro classes running A/A engines.

I hope to see you there.

Al
Hi Al,

A/A - Axe/Rossi: sounds good. Do you know if they have a booth at the Nurnberg show in February?

2010: it will be nice meeting all familliar faces in Hungary next year (that includes you Al - :p )!

Swedish hydro qualifyers for Hungary 2010 (its not 100% set yet who actually will go):

H3.5

Mikael Sundgren

Christer Gustafsson

Niklas Edlund

Bo Sandström

Anders Martinelle

Back-ups;

Torbjörn Karlsson

Fred Brihagen

Bengt Björkhage

Pontus Lakkonen

Anders Wearner

Fredrik Lundahl

Roland Jansson

H7.5:

Anders Martinelle

Fredrik Lundahl

Mikael Sundgren

Andre Westerberg

Ellert Ohlzon

Back-ups

Bengt Björkhage

Christer Gustafsson

Fred Brihagen

H15:

Anders Martinelle

Niklas Eriksson

Bengt Björkhage

Back-ups:

Ellert Ohlzon

Mats Aldell

Torbjörn Karlsson

Fredrik Lundahl

Mats Karlsson

Im the only one of these dudes that rune more then hydro (V3.5 also). :)

/Niklas

It will be good to see you all.

I don't know if Allessandro Rossi will be at Nurnberg.

I have invited Allesandro and his sister to visit us in February to go skiing.

Let's see, work at a show or, go skiing in the Rocky Mountains, I know what I prefer.

Al

It will be good to see you all.

I don't know if Allessandro Rossi will be at Nurnberg.

I have invited Allesandro and his sister to visit us in February to go skiing.

Let's see, work at a show or, go skiing in the Rocky Mountains, I know what I prefer.

Al
Hi Al,

Axe/Rossi @ Nurnberg 2010: I searched the online catalog at their website (www.spielwarenmesse.de) and I didnt find them as exhibitors. We have our own booth though if some boaters want to come and say hi (D76 in halle 7). :)

Work or skiing - I prefer booth - will go to Austria the week after the show. :D

Halle-7-2010.gif

Third, the heats are 8 boat heats in hydro and offshore and 12 or 13 boat heats for the FSR-V. There is not as much room on the course as we are used to having.
sorry alan but this is not correct

8 boats in FSR-H (hydro)

10 boats in FSR-O (offshore)

12 boats in FSR-V

greets mike

Back