narrow band frequencies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norvin Ennis

Does any remember what date our radio frequencies were changed over to narrow band?

As our club grows and people are dusting off old stuff that they haven’t used for

Some time I need to make sure there radios do not pre-date the change.

If i remember right, if the radio has a gold sticker, you are good to go...still using my AM and FM stuff for boats...works just fine. DSM is awesome, i fly planes with it, but is not without issues from time to time.

If i remember right, if the radio has a gold sticker, you are good to go...still using my AM and FM stuff for boats...works just fine. DSM is awesome, i fly planes with it, but is not without issues from time to time.
Bill

I had a couple of older FM's that were converted to narrow band and they had a gold sticker on them but my newer FM narow bands don't have a gold sticker on them. I also have some DSM radios but I could still be considered a dinosaur by some. LOL

Bill Hoch

Thanks for the input. I agree DSM is the best way to go, that is all that I use.

Some of the guys don't want to give up there old equipment that is still operational.

We also have two old timers that still don't feel comfortable using a wheel radio.

As the club safety director I am trying to make sure there are not any accidents caused

by not not using the proper equipment. I wonder if it would cost less to buy a cheap DSM

than to have the old radios converted

Any of the Futaba line of two stick radios work great for boating.. Give the 6J a try.. the 8J. both good prices and 2.4 to boot!

Grim

Back