Name This Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice PJ ;)

Thats one of the fun things about R/C, Inovation, grap a buncha parts and go after it, Looks like fun ta me!!!

Gene ;D

Come up with a name for it and do a graphic :D

How bout "Transom Twister"

Yup, I've seen a couple of air boats with the engine right-side up, but to clear a 10" prop, they just looked too topheavy. Had to do a bit of creative thinking and come up with a remote glow plug...standard driver wouldn't fit. But it worked like a champ.

I actually entertained the name 'Ugly Duckling' for a bit... ;D

I actually entertained the name 'Ugly Duckling' for a bit... ;D
whats that saying... if the shoe fits.... or is it if it walks like a duck, quaks like a duck, and swims like one too ;)

-singing rubber ducky your the one! ;D

Having starting boating back in the 80's, it sure looks like one of Ed's designs. He did have several kits out that used the 'canned foam' parts which were made in a molding process. They were hard to beat back in those days.

I applaude your inginuity on the use. I have several airboats myself, both kit and original designs.

There is something about being able to powerslide at full throttle.

I doubt that after this amount of time has passed that there would be any concern of the foam re-expanding.

Have fun with it.

What are you using for power?

Thanks all! It was an interesting sidebar in my R/C boating repertiore, but I don't get to keep it. :-

I have a friend that had a plane he crashed and he wanted to know if I could build a boat out of the parts that survived. He's paying me for the hull and labor involved. I may build myself one sometime down the road, but right now I've just got too many irons in the fire.

pro27 -- Thanks for the compliment! Take a look at the remote glow driver.

Power is an OS Max 40 FP. (I forgot how dependable those airplane engines are...)

Ian -- it blows the doors off Hydro-plow!

Back