Name that Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve cooper and his son Lynn made pipes. They made them for yrs and then got out of it after his son lost interest and Steve didn’t want to devote the time for a money losing situation

He spun all his pipes and I worked with him on several designs over the yrs. he didn’t make much money at it like most of this hobby, and decided he didn’t want to do it anymore

I think he still has all the tooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve cooper and his son Lynn made pipes. They made them for yrs and then got out of it after his son lost interest and Steve didnt want to devote the time for a money losing situation

He spun all his pipes and I worked with him on several designs over the yrs. he didnt make much money at it like most of this hobby, and decided he didnt want to do it anymore

I think he still has all the tooling.

Thanks Chris for sharing that info.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a cooper pipe.

Cant tell what size-need deminsions.

Wish they were still available.

Tom
so what made them so good..or better than the next pipe? i have a brand new .80 size pipe and ran it on a VAC .91 and it was not so great...others say to run it on a 1/8 scale unl?? not a pissing session,just looking for opinions..
Well, here goes, met Steve Cooper and Lynn Cooper, at a race in the mid west, they had brought there boats with there designed pipes to the race, sat down with Steve for about 2 hours of exchanging ideas about different pipe design, we discussed a lot of the current pipes that were available in different designs, in different sizes, I shared with Steve that I was going to draw up some drawings of new pipes in each of the 3 sizes, .21,.45, and .67-90 pipes, and asked if I sent him the drawings , could he make the mandrels for spinning the new pipes. and then make the pipes for me. He answered he did not think it would be a problem. Steve began making the new pipes in the fall, I got 90 pipes of deferent sizes, and headed to a 3 day race, during the 3 days of offering the new pipes for sale, I came back home with just "one" of the new .21 design pipes, and the rest is historyiiiiI

dick Jones

Randy, You see, I was also right. Irwin sold to cooper. Who is the non believer now? I run mine in a scale, sprort40 and and a cat with an ops80. The same size pipes and I can't find a better pipe. They are not really very restricted but I get 76db's out of them.
irwin sold business to cooper....irwin/cooper...call it how you remember it
Tom, Jim Irwin did not sell his pipe business to Steve Cooper, Just to set the history correctIIII

dICK jONES

I am getting older and cannot pull names out of my head like I use to. The gentleman that manufactured Cooper pipes last name was Cooper. Dick Jones was instrumental in the design of the pipes, but Cooper manufactured them.

I talked to Cooper many years ago at a race in Evansville, IN.

He was a very pleasant person to talk to and always was asking boaters for input to the design of his pipes.

I made a statement earlier that I wished they were still around.

Our hobby needs more people like Cooper.

He was an enervator and was trying to give us another option in the tune pipe area of our hobby.
I made a statement earlier that I wished they were still around. huuuummmmmmm?

dick jones

It is a cooper pipe.

Cant tell what size-need deminsions.

Wish they were still available.

Tom
so what made them so good..or better than the next pipe? i have a brand new .80 size pipe and ran it on a VAC .91 and it was not so great...others say to run it on a 1/8 scale unl?? not a pissing session,just looking for opinions..
Good question?

Well, "it could be the material", "thick wall aluminum", or it could be the "single or dual" outlet stinger size, or it could the "design of the pipe", or it could be all of previous?

JM2CW

mobydickk

Back