NAMBA West Coast Time Trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wittrig

Seismic Amigos Racing is pleased to announce event information for the First NAMBA West Coast Time Trials. This event represents the consolidation of the Fast Electric and Nitro/Gas Straightaway trials that have traditionally been held on separate weekends in November with Two Lap record trials that were also held in the latter part of the year.

Event Details

Dates: November 11 to November 19, 2006

Schedule: November 11 to 13 - Electric Straightaway

November 14 to 16 - All Straightaway (Electric, Nitro, Gas)

November 17 to 19 - Two Laps (Electric, Nitro, Gas)

Registration

Pre-registration is required. All entries must be received by the contest director on or before Midnight Pacific Time on November 6, 2006, and may be submitted by Mail, E-Mail, or Phone.

Contest Director: Mark Grim

7372 Natal Drive

Westminster, CA 92683

(714) 890-3127

Entry Information Required:

Name

Address Information

Phone Number

NAMBA Number (Indicate a single event entry if not a NAMBA member. Forms available at the site)

Classes entered and record type entering for each class

Fees: $15 per boat per record type and $1 per run.

Lunches will be available each day with the cost being $5. Please indicate at the time of registration the estimated number of lunches you will need. A dinner event will be planned for the evening of November 18 with details to follow.

NAMBA rules apply. Specific rules governing records can be found in the NAMBA rule book that is available on NAMBA.com.

Special Awards: Special awards will be presented to the boater who reduces an existing straightaway record by the greatest percent and the boater who reduces an existing two lap record by the greatest percent. Current records can be found on NAMBA.com.

The German contingent will be bringing their Fast Electrics and we expect other participants from across the country. This will be an event you won't want to miss regardless if you aspire to set records or want to watch the fastest model boats in the world gunning to set the new standard.

Chris,

If we're registered for the electric portion (on the event web site), does that carry over for the rest of the week?

Man this should be fun. I hope we have a good turnout of gas/nitro boats, I`m looking to get inspired enough to do something with the QD engine I have sitting in my boat room. Being an electric guy I have no clue about dimensions for a boat to run it in. Sponson aot, etc. I hear the new course layout is awsome as well.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I also hope that some of the fast gas and nitro guys will show up. JAG's racing team will be there the whole week. So guys: show us some of your fast stinkers... ;)

Joerg

So,how about all of you fast guys from North,South,East & ALL POINTS IN BETWEEN! Come on out to Los Angeles and show everyone what you got. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

Don ;)

What about Andy Brown, is he coming? He said something in spring like he would do 150mph. I'd like to see this.

Joerg

What about it Andy, are you coming?????????????

Everyone is waiting to see that "150" mph pass you said your going to make!!! :blink:

Don :)

What about it Andy, are you coming?????????????

Everyone is waiting to see that "150" mph pass you said your going to make!!! :blink:

This'll be so cool. I'll just sit back, play with my little sport hydros and watch the big dogs fight it out.

Chris,

If we're registered for the electric portion (on the event web site), does that carry over for the rest of the week?
The time trials event is providing the facility for the three day electric event, but that event is managed by the fast electrics group. Your entry covers just your three day electric portion and does not carry over into the combined nitro/gas/electric straightlines and two lap records. You can, though, enter that portion separately.

Clear as mud?

Haven't heard anything from Andy,does anyone know if he is coming?

Only 4 weeks & it will be time to put up or shut up. :lol:

Who else is going to be here & join in all the fun & fast times???

Post if you can make the BIG SHOW. :p

Don,

I'll be there for the 6 SAW days. I have no idea what I'm running yet. One of those cases of work getting in the way of play.

Well, only 3 weeks to go & the big show will start. I just got word that Andy Brown will not be able to attend, reason unknown but I would think its due to working on getting new motors & parts into production a.s.a.p. and no time to spare to attempt to be the first to hit "150 mph." ( what the hell happend to 140 :blink: )

Anyway I know Joerg will be disappointed. :( He was looking forward to a head to head free for all with Andy. My money was on Joerg, who is only 17 mph away ( has gone 133mph ;) ) Andy is 24mph away ( has gone 126mph <_< ) And of course Steve Odonnell, Mark & Chris Grim who all run 120+mph consistently. Tim Higdon, Scott Bouchie, myself and others are trying to break into the 120's. Maybe this time :rolleyes: (I have been 119mph 4 or 5 times) Anyway sorry you can't make it Andy, :( its going to be a great week of fast fun :p :D :lol:

Thanks for the update Don. We'll be there, not matter if Andy makes it or not. It would have beed nice to meet him in person. But to be honest, after not reading him talking about any SAW stuff all year long, I did not expect him to be there.

BTW, I'd be happy if the record would be 140, of at least one pass of 140, because I have no idea if we can slow down the boats from such speeds before we hit the shore.

Joerg

Well, only 3 weeks to go & the big show will start. I just got word that Andy Brown will not be able to attend, reason unknown but I would think its due to working on getting new motors & parts into production a.s.a.p. and no time to spare to attempt to be the first to hit "150 mph." ( what the hell happend to 140 :blink: )

Anyway I know Joerg will be disappointed. :( He was looking forward to a head to head free for all with Andy. My money was on Joerg, who is only 17 mph away ( has gone 133mph ;) ) Andy is 24mph away ( has gone 126mph <_< ) And of course Steve Odonnell, Mark & Chris Grim who all run 120+mph consistently. Tim Higdon, Scott Bouchie, myself and others are trying to break into the 120's. Maybe this time :rolleyes: (I have been 119mph 4 or 5 times) Anyway sorry you can't make it Andy, :( its going to be a great week of fast fun :p :D :lol:

Joerg,

It will be great to see you & the rest of the Jag's team again. I will not be there on Saturday the 11th ( prier commitment ) I'll be there Sunday thru the rest of the week,so pleaseeeeeee wait to make that 140-150 mph pass so I can see & record it :) :D :p

Not to worrie about hitting the shore, the new course will be to your liking. I'am sure you can slow down & turn on both ends of the new course without any problem at all, even from 140mph. I will be trying to break that 120mph stone wall I hit :p Got a new twist on an old concept that I have been working with and it looks good so far. With a little luck I may get there this time :rolleyes:

See ya in a couple of weeks

Don I don`t think it will matter. The course change that is. Joerg and I think if he had not hit the bank on the 133 pass he would have hit the other end anyway. Both of use are going to be trying some braking systems. With any luck one of them will work or maybe a combination of the two. In order to trip the lights at 140 you will most likely need a top speed of at least 150. I am not sure if 700 ft is enough to stop a 8-9+ pound flying rigger. :eek: One thing we will make sure of is that the ends of the lake are clear of people before any run will be made. For anyone reading this who has concerns of safety you can rest assured it is something Joerg and I have talked about and we share your concerns. Safety will be the number one priority. The last thing either of us want to do is hurt somebody. We have always made ourselves aware of the conditions not only on the water but around the course on shore as well. I look forward to seeing everyone agains but for now I must get back to work on the boats if I ever want to get Joergs record!

Hey Tim,

Mark & I were talking about that very thing last week ( safety ) There will be safety netting at both ends of the course ;)

Good deal Don. Although we thought it would be hard to do, Joerg and I were going to see if we could talk a few people into going to each end of the lake for the runs. I will take one end of the lake for Joergs runs if I must. Safety first. I want the short end though, I`m bringing my catchers mit. :D Will this be like a baseball game where if the ball leaves the field whoever catches it gets to keep it?

Don, I will do my best to save you some of the smoked salmon (squaw candy) I made to bring down.

Tim

Latest posts

Back