NAMBA Straightlines at Legg Lake

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wittrig

B OPC Tunnel (.45 Stock Tunnel) - Jimmy Johnson bumped his record to 61.7 two way average.

A O/B Hydro (.21 Outboard Hydro) - Mike Bontoff set a two way average of 81.5 with an outside the box design.

X Mono (Open Mono) - Jerry Crowther went just over 82 mph (will have the official number later).

The event is three days Friday through Sunday. More results as they become available. Great job you guys!

B OPC Tunnel (.45 Stock Tunnel) - Jimmy Johnson bumped his record to 61.7 two way average.

A O/B Hydro (.21 Outboard Hydro) - Mike Bontoff set a two way average of 81.5 with an outside the box design.

X Mono (Open Mono) - Jerry Crowther went just over 82 mph (will have the official number later).

The event is three days Friday through Sunday. More results as they become available. Great job you guys!
:ph34r: What size of CMB engine for Jerry Crowther did run? also what size of propeller? thanks, Allan

:ph34r: What size of CMB engine for Jerry Crowther did run? also what size of propeller? thanks, Allan
I hear it was a CMB 1.0 RS. Don't know the prop, but it will be posted on the NAMBA website when the record is official. I will try to find out before the weekend is over.

Well, I guess I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore. Mike showed me that boat last summer, He was

still in "semi-secret" testing. He told me the speed that the boat could possibly go and believe it or not

He Nailed it Exactly :eek: :D WELL DONE MIKE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Chris ~ thanks for putting the engine size with the classes!!!...B...A...X, all that does is spell BAX and wasn't telling me anything...... :)

For those who may want to see what very well may have been a design inspiration for that outboard setup since Mike's is apparently very similar to this, Click Here.

Not Much of a "Secret Weapon" tehehe,,,,,,,, anymore, that is.

Updates from LA:

G-1 Sport Hydro - Jerry Crowther set a new record at 90.9 mph, up from 76.73.

A OPC Tunnel - Jimmy Johnson took his Lynx OS to a new record of 54.8 mph.

X Mono - Jerry used a Seaducer prop.

A (.21) Hydro - Mark Grim just went a two way average of 97.02 One way just over 100.

Jerry Crowther also made a 91 mph one way pass with his X Mono.

Fellas,

Mark is going for it all today. 103.619 MPH one way pass and he is still working

on the two way pass of 97.02 MPH. Interesting side note,RPM was measured at 38,000 RPM.

Unbelievable numbers for a Grim CMB Valvola 21. Pipe was at 6.5" aprox. and the best thing

is, the passes are all on video, which should be posted on here in the next few days.

Mark Grim is one fast fella. :D GREAT JOB, Mark and Chris Grim two really GREAT people in

this wonderful hobby. AWESOME!!!

Lovin It,

Mark Sholund

Quote "A O/B Hydro (.21 Outboard Hydro) - Mike Bontoff set a two way average of 81.5 with an outside the box design.

It was not that long ago that the inboards were having a hard time breakin' into the eighties! or maybe I'm just getting old, still quite an accomplishment, would love to see pics. Rudy

Mike took the the 2 rules that govern this class and built a boat around them. Kind of what Geraghty did years ago with his indoard motor and outboard rigger. We'll see if they change the rules again. Just like when Rod ran his out of the box thinking boat.

Mike

Updates from LA:

G-1 Sport Hydro - Jerry Crowther set a new record at 90.9 mph, up from 76.73.

A OPC Tunnel - Jimmy Johnson took his Lynx OS to a new record of 54.8 mph.

X Mono - Jerry used a Seaducer prop.
GREAT JOB! Congrats to all the new record holders. NAMBA STOCK...W/TEAR DOWN

A (.21) Hydro - Mark Grim just went a two way average of 97.02 One way just over 100.

:ph34r: which one did Mark use CMB Valvola 21 or CMB 21 RS ?What kind of 21 rigger? also what size of propellers? WOW! very fastest Allan

Just got off the phone with Mark Grim. Most everybody is at the bar celebrating a great weekend. Here's the final update:

Just before dark, Jerry Crowther upped the X Mono effort to just over 88 mph two way.

Fastest pass of the weekend was 119.6 by Don Maher with his X Hydro.

:ph34r: which one did Mark use CMB Valvola 21 or CMB 21 RS ?What kind of 21 rigger? also what size of propellers? WOW! very fastest Allan
Mark used the Valvola and the same 2047 prop he ran last time. Any time Mark's name is associated with a rigger it was scratch built. That's true whether it's a straightline boat, two lap, or heat racing.

Well........TWO new records with MAC. One had a green head and CMB engraved on the side!

Good job Mike and Mark!

Im very happy with my MAC 21, runs like a dream. Just need to get the right prop now and bring the pipe in.

Latest posts

Back